Right....I've rented some Grandkids.....

...and a flower garden with a 'luvved one' in it....sunny day of course!

Now where do I sign up for my cardboard coffin?......

Amazing how they've all crawled out of the woodwork lately aint it....Even the supermarkets are in on it. That grey haired Yorkshire millionaire certainly started something with his corny ad...it must have been his free pen that clinched it!

A few years back it was 'Sell us your old gold'....then it was Vorderman and Co trying to get us all up to our necks in debt borrowing left right and center....then the PPI lark....I wonder what will be the next racket they'll all latch on to?

• Upvote 1

I didn't want to be the first to mention it, but.....

So nobody's noticed that every other ad is about their coming demise?....all carefully scripted so the word death is never mentioned. Bring back the Hamlet ads...at least I could smile at them.

They can bury me in a cardboard coffin if that is to somebody's liking. It won't be bothering me. I get stuff in the mail trying to get me to order a plot etc. it goes in the round file with all the other junk.

Here, between 5 & 6pm, (news time) almost all the ads are for prescription drugs. Takes about 10 seconds to tell you what they're good for, and the next minute telling you the possible side effects, including death.

• Upvote 3

the woman at the funeral place when i went about the wifes bit of a do told me the government has got to do something soon as funeral etc costs are becoming so expensive people just cannot afford anything like them. but if you work out the cost of fuel, wages, profit and materials, plus gas for ashing folk, it dont come to anything like they charge for funeral, and if you have mum or dad or a name in flowers it costs about 50 quid per letter, why, if people are paid the minimum wage plus cost of flowers it must come to about a tenner, all profit eh

• Upvote 2

#9. Don't you just hate that, Katy? I have given up on the news anyway because it is so biased it is nauseating. The drug commercials just add to the daily misery. I don't need it anymore.

#9. That's OK, KJ, but they ought to do the same every time junk food is advertised, ie, after saying how tasty it is, tell them if they want to become fat slobs then keep eating it and shorten their lives. There again, every cloud has a silver lining- the fatter the slobs are, the more flesh area for their tattoos.

• Upvote 1

#10 Terence.

I put Undertakers in the same class as Opticians Terence, absolute scum of the earth & eager to rob us blind. They get away with it because no one bothers to challenge them.

I've made my mind up & told Mrs Catfan when I go it's a quick trip up the chimney & don't let the undertakers make much out of me, spend more at my bunfight at the Lime Kiln instead !

• Upvote 1

At the moment I am making enquiries about the new body store at the City Hospital.

If it turns out that they get rid of the leftovers after the surgeons have finished practicing on you then I will almost certainly go for it. I must be sure though as it would not be fair to those left behind if a year after you popped they sent the body back for them to dispose of.

If it comes off there will be enough money for one heck of a party........................

• Upvote 1