To totally pi55 off normal people such as us !

• Upvote 2

All I know (other than that he annoys me) is that a friend of mine's brother worked with him on local radio in (iirc) Manchester years ago and said that he was a complete **** to anyone 'below' him and sucked up to everyone 'above' him.

• Upvote 1

People in radio and TV think that Chris Evans is great..

They think he's fantastic because he can talk and talk and talk (mostly about himself) AND he is totally confident in front of a TV camera.

Its the kind of confidence that comes from someone who is very full of themselves.

I've never been a fan of the bloke.

He seems to be famous for being famous.

All his interviews amount to small talk and his ideas are based on lame humour and 'blokeish' views - usually borrowed from his mate Danny Baker. No wonder the Top Gear audience is falling through the floor (despite the canned laughter and scripted lines).

Outside of the media, his popularity is overstated (as evidenced by the comments here).

I don't know anyone who likes him.

Just one final thing. Do you remember Noel's House Party on the BBC when they used to put a camera in someone's lounge and then suprise them by putting them on air.

Apparently when they did it to Evans he was playing with himself whilst watching Baywatch and they had to quickly distract him before it went out.

• Upvote 2

James Corden, Phil Jupitus, Keith Lemon, Alan Carr, Katie Price, Eamon Holmes, Russell Brand, how much longer have I got?

• Upvote 2

There's always the off switch.

If viewing figures dropped he would soon(possibly) be take off?
I can't stand the man so I never watch whatever programme he is on.

I cant stand Jonathan Ross either.

• Upvote 1

James Corden, Phil Jupitus, Keith Lemon, Alan Carr, Katie Price, Eamon Holmes, Russell Brand, how much longer have I got?

You missed the one who is head and shoulders above all of those - Piers Morgan.

• Upvote 1

I think Phil Jupitus should be off the list...he's the only one out of that lot with any talent. A fine stand up comedian in his own right.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+phil+jupitus+spiders&view=detail&mid=AB2F519F0F5D24018673AB2F519F0F5D24018673&FORM=VIRE

The essential thing about Top Gear is that for all its shenanigans they test drove the cars we wish to buy. And they did it well. I have a Jaguar XF and the review by James May was a deciding factor to buy one. He was not wrong. Going back a while Quentin Willson also knew cars inside out and this is one of the elements that made TG.

Of course Clarkson made a mess of things, due to his own personality, although I will say that on the flight from Moscow I was on he was very pleasant, and the rest of his crew were too.

Chris Evans doesnt seem to grasp this - Top Gear is for cars. Its not about personalities, although if it can be interesting and funny, all to the good. I couldnt watch the new TG due to it being almost immediately dire. I really want to know what the TG crew think of a car I want to buy. Evans lacks credibility and Matt Le Blanc may be a nice guy but he knows nothing about cars.

Janet Street Porter and Clive James. Two more on which a good education was a complete waste of time and money.

In fact most on here a actually a waste of oxygen too.

• Upvote 1

Also Shearer and Ferdinand on the same panel the other day. Neither could barely string a full sentence together and I was almost comatose.