A few random photos - 2

They certainly were opposite the Odeon and did have a large illuminated sign. I’ve spent some time there in the past preparing and auditing their accounts. Behind the scenes it was a rabbit warren. Even more so when they took over AB Gibson’s and went right through to Parliament St. There was a turntable in Gibson’s for spinning their vans round. Pearsons’ directors used to park in there. John Pearson used to enter at speed in his Jensen Interceptor, break hard on the turntable which spun round to face the exit. Good to watch!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those seeking an alternative to politics......... Long Row in 1970. The top of Maid Marian Way, the rear of the old ABC cinema just visible on the right. St Peter's Square

I go on a gardening web site where at the moment they are on about Pugh-Ernly- Whippingstool and his programme to try and stop child obesity.   They didn't think much to my comments of feed

LizzeM  thanks I knew I was old, I used to go round all the stations regularly and knew most of them, after I retired I never went on a station for about 7 years, I then went on one where I served for

On 6/14/2018 at 1:20 PM, Martyn said:

Hopewells?

It was a furniture shop but not Hopewells they were on Parliment st where Nottm building socitey is also one on the other side of the road.  Across from Odeon was above as said and "Pearson's"