Cliff Ton

A few random photos - 2

PG01497.jpgnottingham_brubaker12.1980_london_road_hnottinghamc_courtney_haydon3.1.1965_lond3 photos of London Road high level station, all a mass of weeds in my time at the Boots factory seen here.

• Like 2

Any member ..please fill me in on what areas this station served.All i recall in Nottm for many years was a series of chopped off bridges.Canal St.Wilford Lane.Hucknall Lane etc.. the bridge at Highbury Vale seemed to last a good while.

Ian.

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

Any member ..please fill me in on what areas this station served.

High Level ?   Notable for not really being very near any housing. I think it was a legacy from the days when railway companies were buildings as many lines as possible without thinking if they were actually needed. This photo shows what became its main purpose - difficult to read, but the lower part of the sign says "Alight here for Trent Bridge Cricket and Football Grounds".

3kPONkS.jpg

• Like 1

Remember being very young about 5, and looking out the train window and seemed to be very high up and looking down at lights,,and asking ''Where are we Grandad ?......Nottingham mate'' but we don't get off yet,two more stations''.........think it must have been ''High-level''.........got off at either Bulwell Common or Basford and Bulwell stations,,.......Grandad had free passes being a Railwayman,,and him and Grandma' took me all over the country,.......i was a lucky lad to have such wonderful elders.........

• Like 3