• 4 months later...
On 17/06/2016 at 8:31 AM, The Engineer said:

Don't think so, I'd have thought I would remember and Pitt means nothing to me; not ruling it out though. I've got Mace and Spar floating around but again, not sure. If it bugs me too much I'll be down the Archives looking at old phone directories.

EDIT: N & J Pitt are a taximeter service company in Basford (taxitronic.co.uk)

Same people from beech Avenue.

• 1 year later...

We sometimes worked late on a Thursday night & my boss took all of us to the Elm Tree for a drink or two at the firm's expense ! Happy days !

Don't tell anyone but I was only 17 years old.  ;)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

This was the pub Lizzie.. Dennis was on the piano on Thursday nights...great craic and over to Hings Takeaway for chicken fried rice and polish off a bottle of Clan Dew.images.jpg Bowling Alley on a Friday lunch?

You’ve certainly got a great memory Ian!  Yes we had a works bowling league on Fridays. Only had a one hour lunch break but managed to get down the Bowling Alley, have a game, chip butty and back at work on Beech Avenue within the hour.  And guess who was top of the league  ........ I’ve got a ‘vanity case’ full of ‘em (trophies!) in the loft smile2

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
On 4/7/2018 at 8:43 PM, IAN123. said:

This was the pub Lizzie.. Dennis was on the piano on Thursday nights...

Dennis lovely bloke and good Pianist,,,played on our Wedding night at the ''Masons'' in Basford.........1986,, 

• Like 1