• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do apologise for posting something relating to Nottingham I don't want to upset the flow of the word & keep one games ........... But the train stations on bleddy fire .....looks like a big one?

Just sitting here at home with a glass of champagne celebrating my significant birthday. They can’t pin it on me!

Hi, Can anyone tell me if staff lived on the Midland station? When you approach the station from Trent Street [which would have been the front of the original station?] there appear to be the roofs

I will make further enquiries to my Sister in Law next time we speak,regarding living quarters,incidentally where I lived on Skynner Street/off Mansfield rd.many houses were used for Vic Station workers.

If memory serves me correctly the platform signal boxes were used by the station announcers in the late 1960s / early 1970s

I can't say for that period, but certainly by the mid-1970s the announcer was in a room with a semi-circular bay window at the end of the buildings on platform 4/5 (as they were then) - facing the steps down from the centre bridge.

No idea if it's still there.

• 1 year later...

Yes it's really bad,it's said it started in a toilet.My daughter was late getting to work as they have closed some roads off.

Also an incident Waverley street,roads closed off...don't know what's happened 

Trams not running.

So we ask ourselves, as this is a recently refurbished structure, why were sprinklers not fitted? Every factory building for which I was responsible was fitted with sprinklers from new or retrofitted to older buildings. It keeps the insurance premiums down as well. The fire officer once told me that he had never attended a serous fire in a building fitted with sprinklers. 

I think that a charge to use public toilets is an absolute disgrace. Do you have to carry 20p’s with you on the offchance that your going to be taken short? When you’ve gotta go you’ve gotta go. I suppose they want to levy a fine for urinating in a public place. What’s happened to all the public toilets in Nottingham? Do the City Councillors and Network Rail have a secret bladder control technique which they are not communicating to the general public?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, radfordred said:

Sad day for Nottingham our only notable piece of architecture is burning down :mellow:

I think that you'll find, it's not the Only piece!

Enjoy your birthday Mr Mayfield............just don't leave the country       we'll talk later.................