Best Children's TV Of The Decade (1960s)

Not wanting to hijack mick2me's excellent thread I could not resist another favourite from the '60s. An American TV import which I believe were well ahead with animation in those days.

Used in TV adverts recently.

Bilko. I married Joan. The Lone Ranger. Cisco Kid. Range Rider. Champion the Wonder Horse. Hopalong Cassidy. The Groves. The Appleyards. Railway Roundabout. Animal Magic. Billy Bunter.

• Upvote 1

The Railway Children, signature tune has haunted me for years, i think it could have been The little Prince And Princess from Sheherizade something like that, but loved Jenny Hanley. and Four Feather Falls.

• Upvote 1

If you object to posts just delete them, don't bloody edit them! I dare say this one won't last too long either.

Can I inquire to what the problem is.???? I got a report, I can't see what's wrong, is a post missing?

Can I inquire to what the problem is.???? I got a report, I can't see what's wrong, is a post missing?

My original post at #5 included something along the lines of 'the disastrous outcome of the EU referendum', as a poke at the Admin decision to impose a complete ban on any comment on that subject. In view of the three or four week bombardment of Brexit propaganda we have had to endure, this comes across as a bit rich, don't you think? It also begs the question how can it be possible for admin to edit posts on this site?

what a tit, Jenny Agutter not Hanley, berk, love it, Enid Nesbits, lovely story, and all the versions tv and movie are great, watched Jenny on youtube talking about being in the early version and the 2000 movie with Richard Attenborough, could listen to her all day, lovely girl. those early drama series of the 50s 60s were pretty special, dont see the like today. We were so lucky to have had the best of TV i think

• Upvote 3

My original post at #5 included something along the lines of 'the disastrous outcome of the EU referendum', as a poke at the Admin decision to impose a complete ban on any comment on that subject. In view of the three or four week bombardment of Brexit propaganda we have had to endure, this comes across as a bit rich, don't you think? It also begs the question how can it be possible for admin to edit posts on this site?

My reply from another thread.

After receiving a complaint, I locked all EU Referendum discussions, they were only temporary anyway.

These will be archived alongside other political threads when I get the time. Future generations will no doubt find these interesting?

I do not foresee any similar future event that will warrant inclusion here for discussion in a primarily Nottingham history forum.

Regarding threads containing political discussion, I have locked whatever I have found. I would remind members that there is a report to moderator link in every post.

I see you are a relative new member of this forum, so you know nothing of the problems caused on here by discussion of politics.
The EU Referendum as you will agree was one of the most important event of our time. The political ban (EU referendum was above politics),
was lifted after an overwhelming vote to do so by our members. The option was available to both sides to put across their case.
As posted at the beginning of the discussions no member need to 'endure' them, it being a simple matter to switch off the offending category.
Regarding editing. Your post was correctly edited by a moderator, as is the policy here in the case of inflammatory material.
The fact that another member responded bears evidence to that. His post was also deleted, but I have received no complaints from him.
Topic moderation is pretty standard on all forums. The moderator edited you post, and did not delete in total, as I had laid down re such posts.
This is a friendly Nottingham History forum. If you wish to discuss Nottingham matters please stay and enjoy the forum. If you wish to discuss
your dissatisfaction of political matters you may find more suitable platforms elsewhere
  • Upvote 4

Loved The Railway Children. Jenny Agutter fans should seek out her performance in the Australian film Walkabout. Now that will blow your socks off.

Always loved Mr Pastry, Sooty, Bengo, Crackerjack during the Leslie Crowther years (wasn't he a Nottingamian?), The Bumblies, Lost in Space, Tom Tom, Popeye, Dr Who, Muffin the list goes on.

Sunday teatime dramas such as The Silver Sword (if you don't cry at the end of that you're not human) and The Prince & the Pauper.

Check out http://www.turnipnet.com/whirligig/which also has some of the theme tunes.

'Regarding editing. Your post was correctly edited by a moderator, as is the policy here in the case of inflammatory material.

The fact that another member responded bears evidence to that. His post was also deleted, but I have received no complaints from him.

Topic moderation is pretty standard on all forums. The moderator edited you post, and did not delete in total, as I had laid down re such posts.'

Could be that some are too easily inflamed? Might I suggest that if a post is edited - ie altered - by the mod, for whatever reason, it is shown as having been edited?

Mess #19 which was Tom Tom, not tin tin is it, youall have just helped me remember having Rediffusion installed when we lived on Frinton Rd, Broxtowe, it was brilliant, had a speaker all to meself in the bedroom, didn't have tv though, we didn't have 2nd,3rd tvs in them days. Rediffusion, when Virgin started didn't they take over their cable system, (think this has been on another thread), but it must have saved them some money. mention of Billy Bunter reminds me of Jim's School series, thats Jimmy Edwards Whack O, poor old Wendover always a battle between them, pity school was never like that