It's ok to laugh Carni.  It was funny at the time.  If I remember rightly I had to hide in the kitchen so my daughter didn't see me laughing.  She had it coming.  I don't think she ever sassed mum again.

Neither did I.  Bless her heart.  Actually she never even tried to hit me and I only ever saw her get mad a couple of times in 33 years of marriage.  When she did, though, I made myself scarce.  Both times she had good reason so I just shurrup.  She never even raised her voice, but her logic, intelligence, and steely eyed look.  Made me shrivel.

A bit like Jill's relative Kate, I think.  Not to be messed with.

• Like 2

Thankfully she never resorted to missiles, and I never had to hide the knives.  Like I said we only ever really had two serious set to's.  We had our disagreements, but she always tried to meet me halfway and we worked it out.  We always had a united front with the kids.  Never allowed them to play off one against the other.  If we disagreed we'd discuss it in bed.  Never in front of the kids.  Never made personal comments in disagreements.  Tried to stick to the issues.  It worked well for us.  She always complimented me even if she did not like the way I had done something.  (I'm talking home improvement type stuff). Later she might say,  "Do you think it might be better if we did. ....?" Usually it was such a good idea, I thought I'd thought of it myself. :biggrin:

Nineteen years tomorrow since she died.  I'm not looking for sympathy, just stating a fact.  The new Mrs. L is a good wife.  We now have two sets of grown kids.  The issues don't change they just get older like us.

• Like 1