• 1 year later...

Thought you might like this one Mick.  It might have happened in Bullwell.  Mrs. L read it on Facebook and passed it on to me so I can't account for the details or truth, but it sounds like a good idea.

Quote.   A teacher called a lady at home to complain that her son was being disruptive and making it impossible to really control the class.  She said, "ok, I'm on my way, don't tell him I'm coming, I'll deal with it when I get there."  On arrival she walked into the classroom.  Her son was amazed as she called him out.  She took him out to the car and gave him a good licking with a belt.

she returned him to the classroom and told the teacher,. "Any more trouble just give me a call."

That afternoon the phone rang and it was the teacher.  "Is he causing trouble again?" she asked.

"no," said the teacher, "I just wanted you to know the class is the best it's ever been today.  Drop by any time! "

Sounds like we we need a few more mams  like that.

• Like 1

I would be about 10, stood by mum at the kitchen sink and for some reason said 'bugger'. The dinner plate broke over my head with the words "Your father would not talk to me like that and neither will you". Then got a belt round the ear for breaking the plate.

I am with Loppy avoid being caught.......

• Like 3

I don't remember mam ever shouting or raising a hand to any of us, but the saying 'I'll tell your dad' was often said to us. No problem, you only had to tickle his forehead or run your fingers through his hair and he was a push over. :biggrin:

• Like 3

Same here Carnie, think Mam gave me a KO punch once, Dad never,.............never hit my kids a look was always enough........Mam,Dad,Grandma's and Grandads all the same,...................God i miss em ,

• Like 3

Number one daughter once said to mam after a correction.  "That didn't hurt!"  Duh!!!  Was she in for a surprise. :biggrin:

Even I wouldn't dare say that to the first Mrs Loppy.  I don't recall she ever said it again.  :shout:

• Like 2

Yes I remember getting a biff off Mam & laughing & saying "didn't hurt ha ha ha!" I got another harder biff & that did hurt & I started crying, she'd then say "if you don't stop crying I'll give you something to cry about!" I so wish I could have lept my big gob shut, lol..

• Like 4

Yep one of my mums favourite saying "If you don't stop bawling I'll give yer sommate to cry for."

Dad never hit me as a child I think he thought I had enough on with mam. He did however when I was 19 and thought I was good enough to take on the world, a quick left jab to the sternum was enough to convince me I wasn't ...... by a long way.

• Like 2

NBL, it's strange that you were standing by the kitchen sink when you got in trouble with your mum, because that's where I was when my mum tapped me sharply on my arm for saying something wrong (I can't even remember what it was)   I, too was about 9 or 10 I think.  It was the only time she was ever cross with me and it really shocked me.  My dad never smacked me but he did get cross sometimes when I was a teenager, especially when he had to come outside to tell me it was time to come in when I was kissing  a boyfriend goodnight at the front gate!

• Like 2

I knew he'd never accept me Margie.......sorry i had to move on...........:rolleyes:

• Like 3

He didn't approve of many of my boyfriends, Ben, but I'm sure you would have charmed him and my mum - especially my mum!!

• Like 2