Brilliant Wales into semi-final........................beating 2nd favourites Belguim...........

My thoughts exactly RR

Looking forward to tonights match............trying to think if ive got any Welsh connextions,.......and no i havent,except a nice 'Welsh Dresser',........thats enough reason.............come on you Taffs........i reckon 2-1............

• Upvote 2

But then again if Portugal win we can console ourselves with the fact that they are our oldest Allies,the Alliance goes back to 13 sumat and is the oldest still in existence...............

And they were in EFTA with us............not alot of people know that..................

Anybody know when the rule changed about passing back from the kick off ?

and why no foul throws for back foot in the air and ball being released in front of head ?

I once went out with a Gwyneth from Birmingham.............does that count ?

Hard luck Taffs.............Ronaldo's headed goal was brilliant......the way he hung in the air...some player...................

Well it's all over now. No more silly haircuts, no more silly tattoos, and no more daft celebrations.

Well, for another month anyway.

• Upvote 2

Other things I'll not miss are Robbie Savage squealing like a teenage girl. The appalling talentless so called 'actor' Ray Winston rattling on in that betting advert spouting 'In Moy Eand' . What an illiterate tosser. Also pundits and commentators saying words like Summat, Awsome, World Class, Nailed It, and the truly horrendous phrase 'No Brainer' . Where the hell did that originate from. Need I guess?

• Upvote 1

Ha,for the old football sayings the players used like....................fetch his legs,Hit im,get up him,hurt him,get that out th'union bag,.......even ''on me head nobby''

then there was the gear,..proper boots,real heavy ball,nasty nogs,baggy shorts and shirts,and tackles,slide,shoulder,over the top (perhaps not that one)from behind,only got sent off if you maimed somebody,.........no diving,crying,scatching,no subs,no penalty shootouts,proper throw-ins,no swearing,no spitting,Fag at half-time,............muddy pitches on foggy days,.........20,000 using 2 toilets,none for the women,

thinking about all that...........it probably is better today..........lol.

Couldn't agree more Benj. Who's watched 'Golden Gordon' by Michael Palin, now that's what football is really all about.......'Shorts don't matter, it's what's inside them that counts'......

• Upvote 1

I hate the way football is taught..doesn't seem to come from the street anymore...academies my hole!

No dribble or ball at feet skills,a solo run is now frowned upon,tank down the wing.....then stop!!...to wait for some tattooed overpaid ponce to tap it in..( if his agent allows it)

Rashford was the only one with any zest...'cause he ain't been spoilt--- yet!!

Oh, by the way Fly2, I got to know Ray Winstone personally, he and his family are lovely people, I designed his garage and swimming pool for him. He once phoned me up to see how things were going, he was in make up on the set of 'Cold Mountain', crapping himself because he had to snog Nicole Kidman in the next take. Yes, those betting adverts are a pain in the bum, but, let's face it, wouldn't you do it for the amount of money he probably earns from it. Have you watched 'Sexy Beast', great film, might change your mind about Ray.

• Upvote 1

Spot on Ian,.........teach em to play with freedom and enjoy it,the game would be better to watch..........all this short passing and and keeping possesion is totally boring...........remember the likes of Ian Storey-Moore and Duncan Mckenzie..............

Can't recall Clough and Taylor with a clip-board.

Re #21

Sexy Beast was a fantastic film.

Great performances from Ray and also Ben Kingsley - who made a very convincing psychopath.

I can't tell you how disappointed I was by the follow up: 44 Inch Chest.

Badly written and directed.

I was never convinced by some of Ray Winstone's forays into 'theatre-type' roles.

Henry the 8th for example was deeply ill-advised.

But he's a good actor and has done some great stuff over the years.

"I'm the Daddy naah !"

• Upvote 1

Love most roles Ray Winstone plays,.........but then again i like Cockney Geezers'........Sexy Beast was brilliant..............

Ben Kingsley was brilliant as the psycho, but he's pretty cool at anything he does, remember Ghandi.

Once went round Ray's house to do a survey of his daughters bedsit, a very attractive girl, her floor was covered in discarded sexy knickers, she asked me if I would give her her lift to get her car back from it's MOT, I had to put my head under a cold tap afterwards.