Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet was filmed in Notts in the 1980's

Does anyone know the location of the old house they were doing up?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is the latest picture we have just got from neighbours of Barry's at his fictional house in Beeston, thought you all might like to see it, never been seen before. Lee

aufpet, I will email you on the subject as I worked at Central for 20 years and I am in contact with a number of people who worked on it.

Hi! I just wanted to let members know of the Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Fan Gathering on July 26th later this year. We have Cast, Crew and Writers attending the event. Tickets are on sale now and will inc

Posted Images

I am currently watching that series on Satellite.

I took the below photograph which shows Neville and Barry shopping in the old ASDA at West Bridgeford.

During this scene a well known Nottingham character walks into shot as an extra.

Do you know who she is?

post-16-1147639309_thumb.jpg

I can find out for you Mick, one of my members had a cousin who acted in that series, I'll ask her for you.

Guest Lentonlad
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet was filmed in Notts in the 1980's

Does anyone know the location of the old house they were doing up?

Was it Annesley Hall? On a long shot on an episode, it looked like a view from the one way part of the road from Hucknall. I could be wrong though.

My understanding was that the house was at the back of the Belvoir estate, between Denton & Knipton.

Several shots of the Denton crossroads with the A607, west of Harlaxton.....

The pub scenes (with Bryan Pringle as the landlord) were filmed at 'The Windmill' in Redmile and the bank, offices and cafe scenes were all done in Bingham Market Place.

'Poacher' Jimmy Nail spent much of his time, between Bingham filming sessions, holding court with the locals in the bar of 'The Crown'!

Cheers

Robt P.

I took the below photograph which shows Neville and Barry shopping in the old ASDA at West Bridgeford.

During this scene a well known Nottingham character walks into shot as an extra.

Do you know who she is?

That's Mary (RIP) in the photo worked behind the George hotel bar and finished up at the banqueting suite at the meadow club - the lads from Auf wiedersehen pet drank in the Dog and Bear one even came to an away match on our bus and when we got back he knocked up the Dog and Bear gaffa to open up , which he did , and went back to bed , leaving the long haired bloke in pet running the bar .

Guest Lentonlad
My understanding was that the house was at the back of the Belvoir estate, between Denton & Knipton.

Several shots of the Denton crossroads with the A607, west of Harlaxton.....

The pub scenes (with Bryan Pringle as the landlord) were filmed at 'The Windmill' in Redmile and the bank, offices and cafe scenes were all done in Bingham Market Place.

'Poacher' Jimmy Nail spent much of his time, between Bingham filming sessions, holding court with the locals in the bar of 'The Crown'!

Cheers

Robt P.

Your answer sounds more feasible,Rob. B)

Do you know who she is?

That's Mary (RIP) in the photo worked behind the George hotel bar and finished up at the banqueting suite at the meadow club - the lads from Auf wiedersehen pet drank in the Dog and Bear one even came to an away match on our bus and when we got back he knocked up the Dog and Bear gaffa to open up , which he did , and went back to bed , leaving the long haired bloke in pet running the bar .

Quite Right Red

Mary was often refered to as Mrs Slocombe Due to the beehive haicut.

See attached.

Dead You Say, Shame. You could always rely on Mary ton give you a full pint.

Not good to be served by younger staff and they could not pour bottles of Manns without spilling it.

mannsorig.jpg

www.bottledbeer.co.uk

post-16-1147778426_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

We used to go in the George around 1990 and i was scared to get served by 'Mrs Slocombe' cos she told me off once. Didn't know what i had done but she scared me!! Always came across as a bit abrupt but im sure it was just her way and didn't mean anything. She never took no sh1t off no one.

Dylan

• 4 weeks later...

We used to call her Beehive cos of the hair do,and the house was near knipton in the vale (back of Belvoir castle ) and yes the pub that got the door bricked up was the Windmill although some of the internal scenes were filmed just up the road in the Peacock I used to drink in the Windmill in the late 80's (played pool for them and stayed over a couple of times when I had had a bit too much to drink!! )

The land lord (Matt ) used to tell us some funny stories about the filming sessions there.

My ex fiance (Alison) worked at Asda when they filmed there.

• 2 months later...

How do they do that Bryce do they just come and knock on your door and ask?

;)

• 4 months later...

How nice to see a picture of Mary from the George Hotel! That face is so familiar to me I had thought it was an actress at first. In the late seventies/early eighties I was a regular in the The George.

I'd agree with the fact that she didn;t take any nonsense. She was very pleasant when you got to know her a little and she got to know you though. I remember one night being in the George and there had been a bit of a rough football crowd in there. I'd gone to pay a call and apparently a gang of these lads had started verbally picking on the girl I was in there with, her neding up in tears. Mary had swiftly grabbbed her and taken her into a room behind the bar to look after her till I got back. She then ordered every one of the lads out.

That woman was pretty high up in my estimation. She was a great barmaid too, bless her.

• 3 months later...

Obscure reference to Auf Wiedersehen Pet here....

One of the huts from the first series of Auf Wiedersehen Pet ended up in Long Eaton. It was donated to the 15th Long Eaton Scouts by Central TV sometime in the mid 80's. I think it was one of a few huts they used during the filming of the series. As far as I know it's still there - you can see it from Tamworth Road when you walk over the canal bridge near Long Eaton Lower School field. It's a wooden hut, painted blue and is behind the main scout hut.

I remember Central News coming down to film the opening of the hut - and there is a plaque in the hut commemorating it.

I hope it's still there...we used to hire it out for family parties and stuff.

Obscure reference to Auf Wiedersehen Pet here....

One of the huts from the first series of Auf Wiedersehen Pet ended up in Long Eaton. It was donated to the 15th Long Eaton Scouts by Central TV sometime in the mid 80's. I think it was one of a few huts they used during the filming of the series. As far as I know it's still there - you can see it from Tamworth Road when you walk over the canal bridge near Long Eaton Lower School field. It's a wooden hut, painted blue and is behind the main scout hut.

I remember Central News coming down to film the opening of the hut - and there is a plaque in the hut commemorating it.

I hope it's still there...we used to hire it out for family parties and stuff.

Would that be where the Sea Scouts place is? I used to go to disco's there in the late 60's - run by a mate of mine, Keith Sutton, who lived on Roosevelt Ave, just under the railway bridge in Sawley!

Yes Limey, it's the Sea Scouts place.

I had heard that the school had been demolished. Not been in Long Eaton since that happened. Will be interested to see it now if I can get over this year.

The hut was by the canal and you could access it by walking down "the dirt road" near the bridge which I think now (just looked at Google Earth) is called Clarence Road. Back when I went to scouts it was just a dirt road and led to some waste ground and then onto lower school and the field etc. I assume the Sea Scouts place is still there....it was when I was there in 2004.

Just realised my memory of street names is really bad for saying that I lived in Long Eaton for 25 years!

Yes Limey, it's the Sea Scouts place.

I had heard that the school had been demolished. Not been in Long Eaton since that happened. Will be interested to see it now if I can get over this year.

The hut was by the canal and you could access it by walking down "the dirt road" near the bridge which I think now (just looked at Google Earth) is called Clarence Road. Back when I went to scouts it was just a dirt road and led to some waste ground and then onto lower school and the field etc. I assume the Sea Scouts place is still there....it was when I was there in 2004.

Just realised my memory of street names is really bad for saying that I lived in Long Eaton for 25 years!

You are quite right, the hut from Auf Wiedersehen is at the sea scouts. It's the HQ of 15th Long Eaton Sea Scouts. The hut is the blue one behind the main brick building. Access to the site is off Tamworth Road Canal Bridge on the Sawley side or off a gated entrance off Clarence Road. You might not rem,ember Clarence Road because its only been there for about 10 years or so. It used to be light industrial land just off North Road, that was actually a mud track not a road. I think there was a tyre yard or something there when I was at the school.

The Long Eaton School, formerley Roper, has been knocked down but re built further back into the site next to the Westbrrok School.