Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is the latest picture we have just got from neighbours of Barry's at his fictional house in Beeston, thought you all might like to see it, never been seen before. Lee

aufpet, I will email you on the subject as I worked at Central for 20 years and I am in contact with a number of people who worked on it.

Hi! I just wanted to let members know of the Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Fan Gathering on July 26th later this year. We have Cast, Crew and Writers attending the event. Tickets are on sale now and will inc

Posted Images

I am currently watching that series on Satellite.

I took the below photograph which shows Neville and Barry shopping in the old ASDA at West Bridgeford.

During this scene a well known Nottingham character walks into shot as an extra.

Do you know who she is?

No idea, did she ever appear in Dan Dare?

• 6 months later...
I am currently watching that series on Satellite.

I took the below photograph which shows Neville and Barry shopping in the old ASDA at West Bridgeford.

During this scene a well known Nottingham character walks into shot as an extra.

Do you know who she is?

Hi, first post on this great forum, which I found after googling "beehive woman".

I thought I'd bump this up as ITV4 has just started repeating series 2 of AWP. Episodes 2 & 3 are on this week, so you'll get to see the legendary Mary doing her cameo again.

I remember her having a signed photo of the boys behind the bar of The George where they stayed during filming.

Cheers

remember Barry's yellow van? (I think a bedford HA?) after that series a bloke living on Brewsters Rd estate St Ann's bought it still with the signwriting on it, used to run around in it but also kept advertising it for sale at high price because of it's history, and every week price would drop!

Ashley are you thinking about the yellow one boon used..........Barrys van my mates owdman used to own it lived on Caunton ave just up from brewsters....and the one used in Boon was owned by another mate that lived on permain dr opposit brewsters....Boon even signed his log book....

no it was Barry's van I remember, I worked on St Ann's and used to see it often, re Boon I had a mate who did some driving for Central TV and he acted as security man on nights when they did Boon filming at British Waterways yard off Meadow Lane, also did bit parts in some shows, extra type of thing

• 7 months later...

the location for thornley manor was beesthorpe hall in caution google the name beesthorpe its all on the net l reccomend you visit auf wiedersehen pet website its all on there.the hall is now a wedding venue. can any one tell me if the peacock inn in redmile was used for filming or was it just the windmill and was any filming done inside the pubs.

the location for thornley manor was beesthorpe hall in caution google the name beesthorpe its all on the net l reccomend you visit auf wiedersehen pet website its all on there.the hall is now a wedding venue. can any one tell me if the peacock inn in redmile was used for filming or was it just the windmill and was any filming done inside the pubs.

WOULD ANY ONE BE INTERSETED IN DOING A DAYOUT IN REDMILE AND FILM SITES AS A NOTTSTALGIA DAY WE COULD ORGANISE A DAY ALL MEET UP IN THE WINDMILL.

I'm getting confused here, the Windmill at Redmile was a very nice pub which used to accept coach parties and be entertained by a pianist and the singing landlady.

In one episode of Auf wiedersehen pet they fell out with the landlord and bricked up the front door, was this the Windmill pub?

I used to see a van quite regular in Saint Anns, this was a Reliant 3 wheeler painted up as the Trotters van.

I don't remember a van being used in Boon, only the motorbike.

The Windmill at Redmile was the one bricked up (After the landlord had grassed Wayne Norris up to the customs and exize board for bringing a German car into the UK and not taxing it for UK roads!!) The pub interiors were shot at The Peacock up the road, that's the one where coach parties went and were entertainred by the land lady at the piano.

remember Barry's yellow van? (I think a bedford HA?) after that series a bloke living on Brewsters Rd estate St Ann's bought it still with the signwriting on it, used to run around in it but also kept advertising it for sale at high price because of it's history, and every week price would drop!

do you know at happened to waynes bmw love to see that agen

This thread isn't going to turn into another "find the location-fest" is it? Boon did my head in looking for that place and I absolutely, positively, definitively refuse to get involved in spending hours peering at Google Earth looking for a lamp post and hedge that match the photo !rotfl!

The Windmill at Redmile was the one bricked up (After the landlord had grassed Wayne Norris up to the customs and exize board for bringing a German car into the UK and not taxing it for UK roads!!) The pub interiors were shot at The Peacock up the road, that's the one where coach parties went and were entertainred by the land lady at the piano.

yes you are right the windmill (BARLEY MOW WAS BRICKED UP AT THE END WHEN THE LADS LEFT) didn,t know the peacock was used to film inside scenes good info thanks beefsteak.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I know this thread might be a few years old, but I have just found it on Google, and I am fascinated by your Auf Wiedersehen, Pet tales. My name is Lee, and I run the largest and only Auf Pet fansite online. I am not here to advertise my site, but to ask you all questions, because you seem to know a few bits of info that I don't.

Firstly, does anyone have any pictures of the areas like Redmile, Denton, Caunton, Knipton, Bottesford and Bingham from 1985, when filming took place? If you have any took during filming, then that is even better.

On Barry's van, does anyone know if it is still in the area? Pictures, or information on it?

I know its an old thread, but I am quite excited at what you are all saying, as it's new to me.

Thanks, Lee Barratt