Been a few years since me & Mrs Catfan wandered along the Leen from Bulwell so today's plan was a trip to Basford & back......

P1010424_zpsc0ndmbiz.jpg

A deserted Bogs Park, all the kids at school !

P1010423_zpsfebw5f1g.jpg

The view towards Bulwell Town centre.

P1010425_zpscukejlm9.jpg

P1010429_zpsr6n5kf0t.jpg

P1010443_zpsbet7qhlc.jpg

Wildlife a plenty to see.

P1010439_zps2kqjjedd.jpg

Many changes along the way, the tram system wasn't here the last time we walked this way.

A lot of factories close by also gone & replaced by housing.

P1010439_zps2kqjjedd.jpg

OH look, there's a "Slug" !

P1010444_zps4rdo7nhv.jpg

You've heard of Bulwell Bogs but Basford Bog ?

P1010445_zpswtpztf4k.jpg

The old Vernon ? picture House.

P1010448_zpscxze7g9u.jpg

• Upvote 11

when my two youngest were growing up late 80s to mid nineties we walked or cycled that path at every opportunity great days,fished with nets in the Leen,Paddled when it was hot,Dads dog came with us and enjoyed a swim.........a lovely walk.....Bulwell and Old Basford forever entwined..............great pictures Mick.................

edit...........the old Vernon pictures looks a bit sad............but at least its still there.

• Upvote 1

Nice pictures catfan. Bulwell is a place I had never visited in my Nottingham life, it comes in for a bit of a ribbing sometimes and your pictures show what a lovely place it is, and what a treat I missed. My one and only visit was our meetup when we met our benjamin. Must meet for lunch there again in the future.

• Upvote 2

Pictures can lie, Carni.

Does anyone remember the 'white buildings', which were off Cinderhill Road. As kids we were told that it was a German owned factory which closed down during the second war. By the time we discovered them - around 1960 - they were derelict. We used to play in the reeds under the arches of the railway viaduct.

It certainly is Mick........friendly,busy,good on the eye with lots of funny residents,and just been granted half a million pounds to make it even better,.....sat and had breakfast with a girl (72 lol) from my school days,very funny memories from them days,all in all a good catch-up.

• Upvote 1