Hello. I work for the Galleries of Justice Museum at High Pavement. I am currently working on an oral history project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and am looking to speak to members of the public who have experienced of being at the Shire Hall for work or various other reasons when it was being used as courtrooms and police station (up to 1986). I am interested to hear your stories and memories be it big or small. I am also interested to speak to anybody who has experienced of the criminal justice system. So far, I have spoken to retired magistrates, retired police officers, court clerks and ex-offenders. No legal matters will be asked nor name/address be mentioned.

The stories and memories collected will be added to our library collection, use for research, supplement teaching resources/materials for school workshops, preserve heritage for future generations, provide additional depth to the knowledge we already have about the existing museum collections, use in future changing exhibitions and potentially be used in the new galleries.

You can contact me at sheauran.*********@galleriesofjustice.org.uk or 0115 952 0*** ext 206 to have a chat. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...