Just a little query, I have noticed that the clock in the corner of the screen on my laptop shows the correct time, but when I add a post it comes up as an hour earlier. For instance, I added one tonight at around 11.50pm and it has registered as 10.50pm. ( on Favorite Clips etc ). Any tips how I can rectify this.

I know this seems odd, but before midnight my post showed the hour early time, now it is showing the correct time I posted?

When I'm not signed in it shows 10.50pm,when I'm signed in it shows 11.50pm. Very Strange?

I know a dance we can do to that song Loppylugs. :huh:

I know I am a bit behind the times, but what difference does being signed in or not make to the time a post is added on BST.

• Upvote 1

Thought Yo'd be in bed by now. I was just feeling a bit facetious, and before you ask, no I have not been into the Hobgoblin. You can't get it here and anyway the only thing I drink is tea. :->

Looks like i'm having one of my wide awake nights LL. Could do with some Hobgoblin misen. Perhaps not, I'd only end up singing all night. I would probably have one sip and pass out, not had a drink of Alcohol for 11yrs. Honestly Hic!

• Upvote 1

It was Jennie Appleton's fault. Now she has died it should be OK again.

• Upvote 1

I never thought of that Chulla. Jennifer Jones is the actress that inspired my mam to name my sister Jennifer, and the name now runs through the famiiy.

Seriously, though it is no problem, I am just curious as to why my posts show different times, I discovered it by accident looking back on a post, all of them show an hour earlier if I look at them not signed in?

Just signed out and checked this one,it says 6.43am.

I am looking at the clock and it is 7.50. Your last message #9, is timed at 7.43. Seems like all is OK timewise.

• Upvote 1

#10. I never sign in and out (can't see what difference that would make to the time) My message is timed on my screen at 7.49, which was correct (I said 7.50).I wonder if the clock in your laptop is not recognising British Summer Time. If so then it should automatically correct itself the next time we change the clocks.Is there something in Settings that needs a tick?

Just out of curiosity and with nothing currently better to do, I tried it. Signed in, real time. Signed out, it showed an hour earlier.

• Upvote 1

I tried to copy my settings result but it didn't come out as I expected. Will get my son to check it out later.

Thanks FLY2, I feel better now it is not just me!

• Upvote 1

The reason I mentioned it was, I watched " Portrait of Jennie" at 10pm last night and added a post about it at 11.50pm, but after I had signed out I decided to look back at my post as I often do. The post time read 10.50pm, which I realised was wrong because the film was approximately 1hr 26mins long. It could be misleading as that appeared as though only 50mins had passed from start to finish of the film?

Oh, the things I have to worry about now I am retired.Lol. slywink

Oh blimey, can't you find some washing or cleaning to do!

Try this, if you haven't already......

On the front page of Nottstalgia, at top right click on your name where you are signed in.

That gives various options such as 'My Profile' and 'My Content'.

Click on "My Settings".

Second paragraph down is a heading called "Time Zone.

What are your settings and options under that ?

I tried to copy my time zone, but it didn't show what I expected it to. Here I have typed it

Time Zone. (GMT) Casablanca, Dublin, London etc

The time (including your current adjustment) is13 July 2016-8.36am

(here is a little ticked box) Automatically detect when my time zone is in DST(is that a spelling mistake for BST?)

FLY2 has just confirmed the same happens on his posts. It is not a problem, I just wondered why it happens.

I'd never really paid much attention to it before, but I didn't have a tick in "Automatically detect..." nor in "My timezone is currently...."

When they weren't ticked, the time showing was one hour behind real time.

When I ticked "My timezone is currently..." the time showing was the correct time.

I have got an optician app at 10.15am, so I have to put this on hold til I get back. Thank you for your help and I will be back from town around 11am. Or will that be 10am? Only joking.

• Upvote 1

You've lost me. I'm five hours different to you lot. Actually I rarely look at what time it is saying. Never given it much thought.

Edited to add. My post says 8:12 am which is the correct time here.