Gonks, Trolls and other "animals"

This should be in the "Unusual Museums" thread . A troll museum but it is in Ohio .

https://enchantedamerica.wordpress.com/2014/08/02/the-troll-hole-and-art-emporium-alliance-oh/

• Upvote 1

My little brother had a chimpanzee, arms raised, hands cupped so you could hang him on things. I think his name was Jacko. This would be late 50's?

# 29 OMG, she got a bit carried away, I only had one little one plus a big one that my brother brought back from a school trip to Norway for me. Still got him, he scares the hell out of little kids.

• Upvote 1

I have a very faint idea in my head that 'Gonks' had two seperate crazes.

As for Trolls, my youngest loved them She fell in love with a Troll on Skis which she spotted in a shop in Taunton probably early 90's while we were on holiday nearby.

When she went back for it, it had gone... Major trauma!!

But, there was a lovely shop in Wiveliscombe, Somerset, where we were staying. The shop was called 'The Carousel Pig' and in there, Stef spotted a soft furry Bumble Bee. Its wings formed a sort of case, so that it could be zipped up into itself.. I thought it was fab and when a much older Stef tried to 'bin' it a while back, I rescued it. Dunno where it is now though.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/Carousel-Pig-Wiveliscombe-193133144066630/

Col

# 33 Ann. I remember 'Topo Gigio' from 'Sunday Night at the London Palladium' back in the 50s/60s

Col

• Upvote 1