• 1 year later...
On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:10 PM, catfan said:

Here's another local one at Worksop.

Mr Straw's House.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/mr-straws-house

I visited Mr Straw's House with my daughter today, what an amazing place. Most everyday things have been left in situ since the late 1930's, with only minimal additions up to the 1980's. The mix of Victorian and Edwardian furniture is very pleasing on the eye. I would recommend going if you are interested in social history and architecture.

• Upvote 1

There's an NT property I visited near Newton Abbott several years ago called Bradley Manor. It's been lived in for about 500 years, with some furniture and decor to match, but there were several modern items such as an electric clock, a radio and a toaster etc, that had come from the likes of Argos, and Wilkos. Amazing !

• 2 weeks later...

We have an old croft house museum in Caithness. It is an unmodernised single storey cottage complete with old fittings, including a box-bed and bakelite style electrics.  The lady that lived in it was there from birth to her dotage, when she was taken into a nursing home for her final couple of years.  Should anyone wish to visit the name is "Mary Ann's Cottage" and its location is Dunnet, on the north coast of Caithness. [Image: caithnessandsutherland.com]

mary-anns.jpg

Child's pram in the byre [image: caithness.org]

26688002877_ff85f272f8_b.jpg

• Like 1

There is a similar cottage museum just up the lane from our village, Mrs Smiths cottage Navenby Lincolnshire,they have a pretty good website

Rog

• Like 1