What makes you happy

I know we are all,or, nearly all getting older so we can expect aches and pains and some are very unfortunate to have serious health probems, but life brings lots of things. Nice things, horrible things down right unexpected things. But life is what it is so we have to make the best of it, no matter what it brings.

There is always someone in a worse predicament than ourselves.

I am very " fortunate" to have had cancer and it makes me appreciate life even more. Life is for being happy and being able to enjoy it.

"La vita e' bella ". Life is beautiful lets enjoy it while we can.

Come on tell us all what makes you happy.

For me, grandchildren telling me they love me.

Husband telling me he loves me

Feeling very tired and getting a " reward" of going to bed early and relaxing.

I love the sun.

Good food

And ....I enjoy life

It may seem little to you all but I'm very happy. I don't ask for much. Just my health which at the moment is "top of the pops"

Our lives are ours ....enjoy it.

• Upvote 5

Good food, friends, my three daughters and their families, relatively good health throughout my life, holidays, driving, Forest winning, cream cakes, good music, well, my type of music anyway, gardening. Not in any particular order of course!

• Upvote 3

MY family

my Holidays

my Cats

my clothes

nice people

Memories

all animals

hearing a Baby giggle

the silence in remote places

Bulwell..............................and a cig with me morning Coffee...............lol.

• Upvote 2

Not in order of importance, just general.

Having good food

Having a good roof over my head

Good health. Thus far

Good memories

Freedom to come and go as I please.

My garden

My dogs

Nottstalgia.

• Upvote 2

Silence.

my cats

Bach

candle light

plainchant

books

my own company

sleep

the Roaring fire

my independence

good health

the absence of any worries.

Just a few things I appreciate at the end of a long day.

There are many others. I was brought up to count my blessings and not my problems.

• Upvote 7

My Christian Faith

A husband who loves me (and I, him!)

Seeing friends, our children and grandchildren

Opportunities to help other people in some way

Good memories and few regrets

A nice garden and being fit and healthy enough to look after it

Going away for a few days in our caravan

Strawberries, ice cream and chocolate

• Upvote 3

I like my family around me, but if I'm on my own I just like to drive and sing along to my CD's and hopefully non of you can hear me.

Me too Clifton.........feeling well makes me happy.....

Jill, I too love my own company and silence. Ive got used to it over46 yrs with my husbands job but appreciate it when we're together.

Hearing from friends that I've not heard from in a while gives me great pleasure and things recounted when we do meet. My children make me happy although sometimes sad as they work hard but at the same time I'm extremely proud of them both for what they have achieved on their own ( with the occasional bit of help from dad) ( work wise)

I love surprises of which my husband has become an expert !

Overall , although I havent lived a wild life, Ive seen a bit of the world , Ive done what I wanted to do, seen what Ive wanted to see, done what I wanted to do, so I'm content and happy.

Sounds like I'm saying ....so there. But in the last few days its got me thinking what life is about. When we have gone

the world will still go on turning but we wont be part of it. Maybe only our families and friends will remember us.

I've lived the life I have and I'm happy but I won't be happy to go. ,!!!!

Sorry if I'm being a bit morbid promise I won't do it again. Lol. Change of subject.....have to wash the floor and cupboards again they are still sticky and the smell of spumante is slowly disappearing. ,!!!

Bubblewrap life is too short to be miserable but if you're happy............

• Upvote 4

All of the above, every item listed brings joy to someone's life, my happiness is usually relative to the mood I'm in...................I love things that make me smile unexpectedly.

• Upvote 2

I also love my own company...........used to go into Derbyshire and staffs regular on my day off and walk 10-15 miles often hardly seeing a soul,keep saying i'm going to start again........also enjoy days at home alone when the wife clears off with others for holiday,......but most of all love a week by myself in Spain,pick and choose where i go and who to pal up with in the evenings,......i suppose i'm lucky having a partner that gives me free rein to do as i like,.......then again she might enjoy seeing the back of me for a while.............lol.

• Upvote 8

Good post Benjamin .......

A lot of couples are needy of one another, do everything together ......when one leaves the other through illness or choice ,they go to pieces not coping with their own company .

Girlie or lad nights, days, weekends or whatever are sooo important to keep that fateful and inevitable time of singledom at bay .........

I

• Upvote 4

Yes, I would include time alone too. Mrs Loppy is off to a family do to ancient relatives burial ground this weekend. I will be here with Bailey and Jake. They curl up and listen while I do my practise so all is cool as they say.

Feeling well makes me happy......

• Upvote 3

A good day on here...........bit of banter,bit of mickey taking,bit of sentimental memories,and some funny stories of Nottingham......that makes me happy..............nite folks..............

• Upvote 4