Been up to Bulwell's Northern Cemetery this morning with Mrs C, soon be her gran's & my mum's birthday (both on the same day)

So armed with gardening implements we took some fresh flowers & intended to spend the morning there.

What really annoys me these days is the fact that only funeral cars & blue badge holders are allowed to enter the cemetery grounds. Is is the case ? No, not a blind bit of difference to a lot of motorists these days flout the rules & drive in & park on the gravesides. in some cases even parking on graves. Not a blue badge in sight.

Respect nowadays ? You tell me.

All the more reason for the Council to ban all vehicles within the city and for a five mile radius outside the city boundary!! slywink

But seriously that sounds to me like disrespect for the rules (and the graves) combined with a failure to enforce.

I dare say if people started getting fined/clamped/towed some would get the point but others would have yet another reason to complain about 'council jobsworths'

Col

It's the bone idle, arrogant , 'you can't touch me' chavs that are to blame. I've got to pay a visit over the coming weekend as it's the anniversary of an in laws demise. I'll make a note of their registration.

• Upvote 2

Most offenders looked to me like middle aged respectable people in newish, not old bangers who are so arrogant, I wanted to ask one bloke how he would like someone to park on his mother's grave ?

Mrs C soon put a stop to that,.

You should have told him to park elsewhere or he'll soon to be joining her.

• Upvote 1

Is this just a rule at Bulwell Catfan? We've park on the road close to my Dad's grave at Wilford Hill, never seen notices to say we shouldn't do that.

The cemetery roads at Northern Cemetery Lizzie are very narrow, only wide enough to accomadate one car, roads laid in the 1920s ? A nice free car park next to the main entrance as well.

Don't know about Wilford Hill cemetery, but, that place is much bigger than Bulwell, several times bigger & the roads are much wider too.

That reminds me of when I did a private hire job to WH many years ago in a new Lilac Lepoard coach !

Try spinning one of them around at the crematorium ! hellothere

A better class of resident at Wilford Hill Lizzie. No, seriously, it's just that disrespect, ignorance, bullish behaviour and a downright oafish attitude is rife in this area.

I was unfortunately in Tesco at Top Valley the other week and asked the guy scrutinising the cctv monitor as to why nothing was done about bad parking, parking in restricted areas and parking in the Set Down Only area. He replied that it was supposedly patrolled by a private company, and therefore nothing to do with Tesco. The easy way out in my mind.

Different districts different rules. Redhill has a ban on all but blue badge holders, monumental masons and undertaking staff. If you go there to a funeral its park opposite in the purpose provided car park and walk.

The gates are usually kept closed and controlled by council staff.

I knew an inconsiderate motorist once.......he refused to let me have his car.......Was an MGBGT....