Tattoos and piercings

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope they did the camera down the throat before it was inserted into the "sunless" region?

Well I'm going out of this world as I came into it. No tats, no piercings, no hair, no teeth, no money !

The old ones are always the best! Mine actually says Loch, but sometimes Llanfairpwll.....

Was a blood donor for 25 years, have annual blood tests, flu jabs and do blood glucose checks daily but I  still very much dislike needles. Been told I  may have to consider injections for my diabetes. 

• 2 months later...

Being needle phobic, I just can't imagine how people voluntarily submit to being tattooed anywhere but especially on the face.

I was very brave yesterday and followed up my invitation for a heart MOT at the doctor's. Made an appointment for next month. First thing is a fasting blood test. I'm quaking already! :blink:

I never could see any reason why anyone would want either.

Having spent many years in coal mining, I saw my fair share of fellow workers getting the accidental "blue tattoo's" if they were over one inch long they got compensated, I was lucky, no "blue tats" and no intentional either.

I wonder about the mentality of some with  tattoos  of guns, knives, skulls, stabbed hearts etc. Why so dramatic and aggressive, what were they thinking, what message do they want to convey? Son in law has what are termed 'full sleeves' and is slowly covering his hands. He is a complete fashion victim with all the latest trends and designer gear so not sure how much celebrities influence him.

I worked for a while with a young chap who had both arms completely covered in tattoos, ie the so called sleeve. He wasn't over bright and had very little money but had landed himself in debt to have the work done. I just couldn't see why. It made no sense at all to me and he often complained of the pain it caused him.

SIL is quite bright really and earns around £40k but the only explanation he can come up with is 'me army mates started it and I think it looks cool', go figure.

• 2 years later...

Why when did you have it done?

I like it, a one day offer, spread over two days... clever that

1 hour ago, katyjay said:

If any of you go for this, I don't want any of that 'show and tell' malarkey. 

G'wan... you know you want a quick peek...  :Shock:

Cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to have their body defaced let alone pay for it. If you were meant to look like an explosion in a paint factory  I am sure Mother Nature would have taken care of it.

That’s quite cheap for the amount of pain inflicted

These days - at least when I’ve been in hospital - it’s referred to as “just a small scratch” when someone is putting a needle into a vein 

Sharp scratch, is how they usually describe it to me. I don't want a description, just get it done! I rang to book a blood test this morning as my last thyroid screen was borderline and required another in eight weeks. They wanted to do it today! Ever since Covid, they seem to have no punters and can see people immediately. I declined. I'll wait until it's eight weeks since the last one.

I've had  a few blood extractions for tests in the last couple of years and it's always been as Margie, "just a small scratch".

What they don't say is, depending on who does it, it's either absolutely no brusing or bruising that can take a few weeks to disappear.

• Like 1