Tattoos and piercings

Basically im after some inpiration... Iv allways been into body mods & have got 9-11 piercings (Depending on how you count them lol) Half of them have been taken out n never been put back in. Im thinking about getting my first tattoo & i have a couple of ideas, but no idea wether to just keep them as ideas or go for it & get inked. So im hoping someone on here has an interest in tattoos & can help! :)

My first ideas is this ;

http://www.nautiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/smilecry.jpg

Iv loved it for a while & thinking about having it between my shoulder blades/ along the top middle of my back. Some one pointed out that the words are kinda depressing, But the masks mean alot to me as does the saying, I allways put a brave face on things when inside i just wannt cry... so, in theory, i smile now & cry later.... But can anyone think of maybe a less depressing verse? I heard one saying 'A day without laughter is a day wasted' i liked it but didnt think its good enough to be stamped onto me. I cant just have the masks, i have no idea were id have them on their own... & i dont want people to think im into performing arts or theatre.. without words, i think this tattoo can either have a powerful hidden meaning or just saying im into theatre.

My second idea is this;

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/025/9/3/music_note_star_tattoo_by_heroic_moose.png

Maybe on the side of my wrist, and thinking of maybe two outlines of normal stars following upto it n this one abit bigger than the other two. Because i LOVE music but i dont want a normal music symbol.. too mainstream haha.

i have a couple more ideas but these im thinking of having as my firsts. love to hear feedback & opinions!!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope they did the camera down the throat before it was inserted into the "sunless" region?

Well I'm going out of this world as I came into it. No tats, no piercings, no hair, no teeth, no money !

The old ones are always the best! Mine actually says Loch, but sometimes Llanfairpwll.....

I am not a great fan of tatoos, but each to his own I guess.

They may look cool on a younger person, but people do get older.

A definate no no would be tatooing the name of a Girl or boyfriend for obvious reasons.

HAHA!! Iv allways stuck to piercings because you can remove them when your bored.. Although, quite tempted to get a couple re-done. The way i think of it is, most people around my age are tattoo'd up to their eyeballs, so most of the people who'll be my age when im old will be stuck with em too. There for it dont bother me too much lol. Your body is a blank canvass, would you hang a blank picture in a room? no, youd do something with it.. But, each to their own like Mick said.

..Any ideas on the firts picture i posted? Really want some inspirational wording, i love whats already on it but someone said it was depressing, so now im put off. Any tattoo's youv done, Fynger, and thought whyyy is this person getting this on their body for good? My other half wants a pink panther done on his calf!! crazy!

I saw a bit on telly a few weeks ago. Scenario was girlfriend got boyfriend who was a tattooist to do her a big tat on her back. She had been cheating on him. She didn't know that he knew. She did when she looked in the mirror. She thought he was doing flowers and ferns or whatever but he had covered her back in great big co*ks. That'll teach her.

Are you still a tattooist Fynger? Were abouts is your studio/whats it called? Still debating what to have, although iv had to put my tattoo on hold as iv just forked out for aload of new furniture :(

Apart from the odd sailor with an anchor tattooed on his arm I've never understood the rhyme or reason behind them.Some of these lasses with Arabic across their backsides are gonna look damn stupid when they're 70 and find out it actually says 'Hells Angels favourite gang bang'

The really sad one is to have something tattood in japanese, that is meaningless to anyone who sees it unless they ask you what it says? I saw a guy the other day with a date on the back of his neck. The date was far too old to have been his date of birth.