Tattoos and piercings

Thanks MargieH. I still get odd pain & bleed when I've eaten something I shouldn't have, I have to try & follow a crohns/ulcerative colitis type diet but of course when I feel well I forget. T'other week I had 2 wholemeal cheese cobs & paid with pain & bleeding, all self inflicted through my own stupidity. SWMBO shouted at me for not using my common sense, trouble is I don't have any common sense. One day I'll learn, when that will be though I do not know, lol..

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope they did the camera down the throat before it was inserted into the "sunless" region?

Well I'm going out of this world as I came into it. No tats, no piercings, no hair, no teeth, no money !

The old ones are always the best! Mine actually says Loch, but sometimes Llanfairpwll.....

#124 Catfan.

It wasn't actually painful, but it was a very weird not pleasant feeling, especially when they squirted water & pumped air in as you knew where it was going to go. Found 2 areas of inflammation & bleeding & then pumped IV steroids, morphine & other drugs into me..

# 131

IVE Had one or two of them up me 'Clacker' Loppy...............but the feeling when its withdrawn is wonderful...............lol.

• Upvote 2

colly0410, Sorry you are suffering miduck, I hope you get sorted soon.

Chris has just been describing his experience and has had me laughing. Apparently, he had the camera with an air flow; up where the sun don't shine, which inflated his intestines and every time they moved the camera he made an almighty drum roll. He was apologising, and the nurse was laughing, which made Chris laugh, so the noises got louder. That started the Lady Doctor laughing, so that made the drum rolls louder and longer. They were all laughing, It's a good job I wasn't in the room, I would have been hysterical laughing. Sounds like a scene from a Carry On Film.

Thank goodness all was clear. He had developed a problem and was concerned it was something sinister, hence The Endoscopy Procedure. It turned out that he had overdosed on Canderel sweetener, so go carefully if you use artificial sweeteners, or you could end up with a problem.

• Upvote 5

Nothing on the same scale as Colly, but.

I've had a camera down my throat many times. Not pleasant, but bearable.

I've had a camera into the 'Sunless' region once. IIRC, it was accompanied by both a Barium Meal, and a bit of 'inflation'. (Maybe I'm blending two delightful experiences into one) By far the worst bit was getting from the 'inspection' room to the nearest loo afterwards.

Walking cross legged and desperately hoping not to explode before getting there.

Oh, the indignity!

I've even had a camera up my nose.

But I have one orifice which has never been invaded by a camera.

I shall defend it with my life!!

Col

• Upvote 1

I've had numerous colonoscopies in recent years, resulting in a major operation a couple of months ago. The PIERCINGS were the staples inserted down my tum holding it all together but I never had to endure a TATTOO !!

• Upvote 5

Not wanting to frighten anybody here, but there was a recent controversy here about some of that equipment being almost impossible to thoroughly clean and sterilize between customers. I don't think it was resolved. Typical media, scare everybody about it on one newscast and then say no more about it.

Uuuugh! I despise 'em all. Feeling a bit growly this morning. There's only two dogs here but sometimes it feels like ten, all growling at the same time.

• Upvote 1

#134. carni, are you sure they were laughing at the sounds - maybe there was a daffodil sticking out of his bum. (Carry on Doctor?)

Ref your tattoo; are you saying that things are sagging?

• Upvote 1

Carni, take no notice of Chulla.......................however it could be worse, if tattoos were now behind yer ears, yer secret would be out!!

• Upvote 1

Chris says, if one daffodil made the medical team laugh like they did, he can't imagine what they would do if it was a bunch. :rotfl:

As for my Butterfly's, afraid Chulla could be guessing correctly. BUT, I could start saving up for a secret! :biggrin: Nah, I'll wait till they are fluttering round my ankles and get my monies worth.lol :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

I had my ears pierced the old fashioned way, with some kind of gun, the Jeweler shot the needle through my lobe and then pulled the gold sleeper through the hole. He put the blummin' right one in wonky so my ear rings don't hang the same. The shop was on Mansfield Road, across from the junction of Huntingdon Street and Alfred St. I was 14yrs old. When I went to school, Mr Purseglove pulled me up in the hall and called me a Gypsy? Not a lot I could do about it, once it was done, but I have never forgotten what he said

• Upvote 1

I'd love a tattoo but I am to scared......

• Upvote 1

One school I worked in, where behaviour was quite challenging, the girls were not allowed to wear long dangling earrings because if they got into a fight their ear lobe would be ripped open when the other girl pulled at them. Uniform was not enforced very well. One day the deputy head was heard giving a major telling off about dangling earrings to a female person before he realised it was a visiting parent! We did have a laugh in the staff room.

I could never have my ears pierced as I even find having injections difficult to handle.

• Upvote 2
  • 8 months later...