Caused by universe warming, pollution from inta galactic spaceships traveling at warp 15 all the time...LOL

• Like 1
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There must be something in this Flat Earth stuff.. after all the Flat Earth Society  has members all around the globe....   

Gravity has a twisting motion and also a powerful sideways component. Witness the dropping of buttered toast, and when you're working at the garage bench and you drop a small item. It drops about

Many years back, an experiment was carried out in a deep mine, the idea was to see if two plumb lines were exactly the same distance apart at the two pit bottoms. It was done at a weekend when no mini

2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Actually, Colly, I'm just as bad as you. I find it very difficult to switch my head off and go to sleep!

Could this be an age thing, some nights even though i am tired my mind refuses to let me sleep !!!

@Gem When that happens to me and my thoughts just keep going round in a loop, I get up, find a comfy chair and find some boring, rubbish film to watch on the TV.   After about an hour or so,  I start dropping off to sleep, so I go back to bed and then quickly fall asleep.

13 hours ago, MargieH said:

@Gem When that happens to me and my thoughts just keep going round in a loop, I get up, find a comfy chair and find some boring, rubbish film to watch on the TV.   After about an hour or so,  I start dropping off to sleep, so I go back to bed and then quickly fall asleep.

I followed  your advice Margie, comfy chair and an absolutely rubbish film the only problem was I fell asleep in the chair!!!!.   I did get a good night's sleep so thank you.

@Gem  I sometimes fall asleep in the chair as well!  I reckon sleep is sleep wherever you are sitting/lying, so it doesn't worry me at all..

• Like 1

I cannot sleep if there is any noise whatsoever in the background, nor if there is any light. I envy those who can listen to the radio and drop off to sleep. Always been the same and I don't suppose it will change now!

The phrase fall asleep on a washing line originates to when boarding houses were full and workmen sat on a bench and leaned on a low washing line strung in front of the bench, this was to get more people in the boarding house and it was also cheaper.

7 hours ago, denshaw said:

Lie on the edge of the bed, you'll soon drop off.

The best cure for insomnia is a good nights sleep!!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I can't sleep in public. Frightened of missing something.

...or is the reason for some people not wanting to sleep in public because they are worried that they might start to snore or their mouth  might drop open and people will laugh?

Sometimes I can't get to sleep straightaway because I start thinking....

"Where do I go to when I'm asleep?

"Do I really want to go to sleep and not be in control of my body?"

"If I go to sleep, how do I know I'll wake up again?

"I'll stay awake as long as I can and try and be aware of the exact moment when I do fall asleep"

And sometimes I don't think of these stupid questions at all, and I'm asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow!!