Just part of my walks. The rainbow was last night as we came out of a chinese restaurant after a thunder storm. The cow was in the middle of chewing and stopped with half chewed-grass in its mouth to see what I was doing

http://s827.photobucket.com/user/nonnifelici/slideshow/Walking

• Upvote 5

Dunno how you cope living there Nonna!

Nothing but fields and hills and sunshine and vines.

Not a MacDo's or a Pizza Hut in sight.

Must be awful for you.. ;)

Col

• Upvote 2

If you select the image code "img" and directly paste it to your post, it will embed the photo in your post. Never failed for me.

• Upvote 1

# 2

I know its very difficult especially when the roads are full of tractors at vendemmia time and all you can smell is grapes. The sun gets soooo hot and walking in those hills is so tiring. As for macdonalds and pizza hut ....well we have to make some sacrifices.

When All is said and done, its not too bad but we do have mcdonalds in Asti and the pizzerias here are ....well this is Italy.

For all the inconveniences I wouldnt change it.

• Upvote 2

Dunno how you cope living there Nonna!

Nothing but fields and hills and sunshine and vines.

Not a MacDo's or a Pizza Hut in sight.

Must be awful for you.. ;)

Col

Could do with that here.

We have three MacDo's and lots of other American invaders too. :(

• Upvote 1

Llanbedrog is on the south coast of the Lyn Peninsula, between Pwllheli and Abersoch, in north west Wales. The beach is owned by the National Trust, and has a bar restaurant at its western end, overlooked by the 'Tin Man' up on Llanbedrog Head. If you don't know it, you've a treat in store.

• Upvote 1

With-out doubt we have some beautiful scenery in the 'British Isles',and i'm sure we all have our favourites.........mine is the 'Calf of Man' on the southern tip of the Isle of Man,.......having said that we are lucky in Nottingham having the lovely Derbyshire Dales on our doorstep...........

• Upvote 1

And the Dukeries, and Peak District, but other than Devon, Dorset or Cornwall, I love North Yorkshire. Friendly folk, good ale, good food and glorious scenery thrown in for good measure. Pity the weather is a bit duff at times.

• Upvote 3

Not been there, but the right area. Brilliant!

# 14. We've been in there too Jim. My cousin and his wife live in Thwaite, the next village ....... they have lovely holiday cottages to rent if anybody's in interested spending time up there.

That's a coincidence, Lizzie. We stay with friends who also have a cottage in Thwaite. The cottage doesn't have a back door but, if it did, the Pennine Way goes right past it.

I've driven through Thwaite and Mucker when I've stayed at Reeth about five villages east. Just south of the B6270 is the small hamlet of Crackpot which I've mentioned previously in a topic about unusual place names. Also, just north of Reeth is another village with an unusual name, Booze. Crackpot and Booze, very appropriate.

Love Salcombe too. Went many times as a kid.

• 1 month later...