This is a pop up ad that I just received.

I was pretty impressed, it started with a blue screen of death overlaid with a warning, tried to leave the page and another pop up box appeared along side a loud siren sound. Had to shut down the machine to get rid of it.

Unfortunately it was displayed on my Chromebook, which does not have blue screen errors!

I wont be calling 0800-******

13669569_10210466089549581_9134473307528

13887073_10210466089509580_8526740842257

I've had that sort of tripe. Just ignore it as you have.

I even got some 'ransom ware' on my phone after visiting a site to look up a steam locomotive!

And the phone calls from 'Microsoft Technical Support', claiming to have detected 'viruses' n my PC are hilarious. Always seem to be rfrom somebody with an Indian Sub Continet accent but called 'Peter'.

I usually just say 'What P.C.?

That gets them.

Col

• Upvote 1

I am sure my details were hacked from TalkTalk, last year. TT say that mine werent accessed but I get at least one call a week from an Asian voice.

"Hello Sir, This is Harry from TalkTalk Support, how are you doing today?" (I have not been with TT for a year)

"Can I please speak to Michael?"

(Trying to find out how much they know about me)

"Which Michael do you want there are two here?"

"Yes Sir can I speak to Michael ********?" (My full name)

"Have you got the right address, What address do you want?"

Harry hangs up on me!

• Upvote 1

I've had that sort of tripe. Just ignore it as you have.

I even got some 'ransom ware' on my phone after visiting a site to look up a steam locomotive!

And the phone calls from 'Microsoft Technical Support', claiming to have detected 'viruses' n my PC are hilarious. Always seem to be rfrom somebody with an Indian Sub Continet accent but called 'Peter'.

I usually just say 'What P.C.?

That gets them.

Col

HI DJ360…I’ve also had calls that say they are from my service provider saying that they have detected corrupted files on my router and need me to switch on my lap top or computer on so they can get rid of them. I know that my service provider do NOT contact their customers claiming you have a fault and this is a scam. I just hang up or say wait while I turn on the recorder. That usually makes them hang up. But I think it’s becoming a very big problem as some people don’t realize this is a scam to access their bank account and clean them out. Sad to say that they try and target the older generation who are usually trusting that gets stung

• Upvote 1