Zap a slug...save a lettuce

We were having this discussion the other week. If all the slugs in the world disappeared overnight, what would be the consequences for the planet? And wasps? We couldn't come to a firm conclusion, so just went back to downing our pints.

• Upvote 2

I have the definitive book '50 Ways to Kill a Slug' by Sarah Ford. I've just been on to eBay and find there are 57 adverts for this publication. It is really funny but has a serious side also.

The dam things are hermaphrodites (male and female reproductive systems) and can mate with themselves where and when ever. What chance have we got?

I also go out on a nightly patrol with bucket, torch and trowel. I send mine 'on holiday' with a deft flick onto the dry road tarmac. By the time they're back to green pastures they're out of slim lubrication and the traffic gets them in the morning.

I did once leave out the book on the front lawn to see if they would read and take fright but no, they ate the first six pages.

• Upvote 1

Can't kill owt,so collect them up and put em on my neighbours garden...............

I thought Yellow Jackets patrolled school crossings.

The sort that jumped out from no where; were bad tempered and would bite your head off as soon as look at you.

Same thing i'n'it?

• Upvote 2