The Synagogue - Shakespeare Street

I know Catfan, it's the character I'm decrying, not the actor. He's just doing his best to earn a crust.

• Upvote 1

OR as Del-boy would say...................Au contraire.................or even fromage frais..............lol.

• Upvote 1

I bet a pound to a penny they didn't have fromage frais in Marsdens / Farrands days .

• Upvote 1

Love it with pork pie. I'm currently using Boddingtons Apple Chutney until I receive others for Christmas.

28 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

OR as Del-boy would say...................Au contraire.................or even fromage frais..............lol.

Del Boy tells Rodders his favourite food is ' Duck a L'orange, but I don't know how to say it in French '.... Rodney says ' Canard '....

' Yeah, too bladdy right bruv '

Del ...' Waiter, a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau. A good 'un, have you got the '69? '

• Upvote 2

Brilliant TBI...............Theres a book out with all ''fools and horses'' one liners and French sayings that 'Del' got wrong,must get it..........written by the late creator 'John Sullivans' son.............''Bonnet de Douche''.......that's not the title......just felt like saying it..............lol.

• Upvote 1

Re. Idolizing the shifty, feckless, lazy types rather than the hard working ambitious types.  Seems to me that if you are the authorities, ie govt..  The lazy useless welfare collectors are easier to control.  They are unable to think for themselves.  Just feed 'em plenty of mind numbing tv, make fun of the hard worker.  Give 'em plenty of junk food and they will do as they're told.

• Upvote 1

Re #21, of course the biggest rogue and work shy skiver on tv was Compo (no not ours) from Last of the Summer Wine. Awesome!

• 6 months later...

An old school friend of mine, when we were at hunto school, lived on Shakespeare villas, they were grand houses.

• Like 1

It's a tragedy that those houses and the area were allowed to fall into such disrepair. The houses themselves are stylish...or once were...and have character, which is more than can be said for today's ticky tacky boxes.

• Like 1