The 'Like' feature.

How times have changed on here. I was just looking at the '50 years since the end of the trollybuses' thread. It started in 2013, there are 116 posts, and all but 5 were done in that year. 33 different folks contributed to the thread, with interesting things to say, and great photos. In all that, there are a total of 8 likes. Nowadays, if we don't get a like we think the post wasn't liked, and we gather likes like notches in our belts. Facebook as a lot to answer for!

• Upvote 6
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How times have changed on here. I was just looking at the '50 years since the end of the trollybuses' thread. It started in 2013, there are 116 posts, and all but 5 were done in that year. 33 differen

I wondered about that Carnie............we obviously give likes if we like sumat...........and reading the very old postings I don't think I would have given so many,it seemed a bit monopolised by a f

Me too benjamin, A" like" is a compliment, and if it makes someone happy, then it makes me happy for giving it. No need for a "Dislike Button". Just ignore the posts from miserable bo99ers.Lol. PS D

Exactly Kath. It's certainly escalated over the past couple of years without a doubt!

Yes ! Some people's 'dislike ' button would be worn out!

• Upvote 1

When I have been looking trough the archives; I noticed that the likes escalated from around 2013.It's almost the norm now to click the like button. Have the likes always been on display, or have they at anytime only been visible to the recipient, similar to the warning notice?

PS. It is nice to receive them, and It would be a shame not to have them, but it can appear to be a bit of a status symbol.

I wondered about that Carnie............we obviously give likes if we like sumat...........and reading the very old postings I don't think I would have given so many,it seemed a bit monopolised by a few,and I didn't like a lot of em..........I give a 'like' if I strongly agree with sumat or if I find it funny or even just sometimes if I 'like the person but don't really agree with what they've said,.......does any of that make sense?

Anyway I think that most on here nowadays are nice people and I 'Like' nice people................

• Upvote 6

Me too benjamin, A" like" is a compliment, and if it makes someone happy, then it makes me happy for giving it. No need for a "Dislike Button". Just ignore the posts from miserable bo99ers.Lol. :biggrin:

PS Did yer like the like I gave yer benjamin.lol. :biggrin:

• Upvote 5

I don't see the like feature as one upmanship, often I nip on and a post has made me chuckle..i like it - mainly because I haven't time to respond there and then.

I prefer to say thank you- especially when I put up a question and a photo and detailed response comes back.

Carni, and Benjamin, I agree entirely. I give them for things that amuse me, things that interest me even if the person is not on my Christmas card list, and to people I consider friends.

• Upvote 2

When I came on here 10 years ago (just now realized that) I don't think I noticed the like button, not until the last few years. There were some cracking posts way back then, but none have been 'liked'

• Upvote 1

Same here Kath, but over time, I read some older stuff and ticked accordingly.

• Upvote 1

I also noticed that Katy...............anyway to them that never give me a 'Like'.........please yasens,i get on me own nerves sometimes...........lol.

sorry about the lol's,but me doofers dont work...........lol.

• Upvote 2

Just a reminder, there is a setting in your member control panel, you can change and we will send you an email everytime someone likes your posts.

• Upvote 1

The 'Likes' have been used a whole lot more since Melissa joined ...... she got us to become kinder and more generous by injecting a little bit of Facebook into Nottstalgia.

Regarding notification of 'Likes' ....... I don't want emails to tell me that someone likes a post I've made but it would be handy if my little thingy at top right would still turn red when I do have a Like from someone. This used to happen but not for a few years now.

• Upvote 2

I like everything and everybody!!!

That's why I never complain about anything...

And it's why everybody loves me..

:bighug:

Well... I can dream.. can't I? :)

Col

• Upvote 1

Regarding notification of 'Likes' ....... I don't want emails to tell me that someone likes a post I've made but it would be handy if my little thingy at top right would still turn red when I do have a Like from someone. This used to happen but not for a few years now.

Same here Lizzie. My little thing don't turn red anymore either.

Mick 18. Its right next the envelope that notifies you of a p.m. Used to turn red when somebody liked something. It hasn't for me for a long time now. I just get an e-mail.