The 'Like' feature.

You have to live in a fantasy world, Jill.

Ouch!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How times have changed on here. I was just looking at the '50 years since the end of the trollybuses' thread. It started in 2013, there are 116 posts, and all but 5 were done in that year. 33 differen

I wondered about that Carnie............we obviously give likes if we like sumat...........and reading the very old postings I don't think I would have given so many,it seemed a bit monopolised by a f

Me too benjamin, A" like" is a compliment, and if it makes someone happy, then it makes me happy for giving it. No need for a "Dislike Button". Just ignore the posts from miserable bo99ers.Lol. PS D

Not being a person to let petty things bother them. LOL. I must say that one thing that I do find slightly miffing, is when I've written what I consider to be a good, intelligent, interesting and informative piece and it gets no likes, but an indifferent aside from someone else gets a multitude of likes. Strange world!

• 2 weeks later...

FLY, re your last post on August 10... Sometimes I really like PART of a  post from someone but then they say something else which (for me) spoils it.  I can't then give a general 'like' as I don't like SOME of what is written.   I hope this makes sense....

• Upvote 1

Just about Margie. It's just that some 'likes' are bandied about like confetti. I just find it a bit galling that's all. I must realise that not everyone thinks like I do. LOL 

• Upvote 1

I know this is the wrong thread, but bear with me a while until I know what I am doing. Does Anyone know if the little coloured circles at the side of peoples names are for? Are they just decoration or do they mean something?Some are pale blue others green?

I assume it means that the member is online Carni. 

My God, I'm clever! LOL. Yesterday I was in despair, now I'm a bloody expert ! 

• Upvote 3
40 minutes ago, carni said:

Does Anyone know if the little coloured circles at the side of peoples names are for? Are they just decoration or do they mean something?Some are pale blue others green?

If you hover your mouse over the dot, a grey one will tell you the person is off-line and a green one will tell you the person is on-line. So far I haven't worked out (or seen) the pale blue one.

Thanks Cliff Ton, just looking at the posts above, yours and Chullas are green . All the others are pale blue, including mine which threw me as it was obvious that I was on line. I signed out and checked, so, this is what I discovered, if you are signed in anonymously it will be blue as if you are off line. Now my little circle is green. PHEW. The things we have to worry about.:rolleyes:

No mouse on my iPad, but at least one knows who's on and who's not. 

Don't panic Carni, sit down and have an eclair! 

The little circle looks greyish white to me, not blue.  Perhaps it depends on the theme colour you're using as to how one perceives it -  I' m on the Old  School one.

Related to this topic.  Does anybody know how to clear the entries on the notification list?  It is starting to build up and there is no reason to keep days of notifications.  I've poked around but I can't see a way to do it.