http://www.theflashbackfestival.com/thoresby/

You can now buy tickets via Wowcher for a much reduced price

Flashback Festival Ticket £28

£28 for a ticket to Flashback Festival at Thoresby Estate, Nottinghamshire,

or £69 for two tickets including camping from UK Events and Productions - save up to 44%

• Doors open at 4pm, Friday 19th August 2016 (show starts at 5pm).
  • Perfect for the nostalgic, and 60s, 70s and 80s music enthusiasts!
  • Based at Thoresby Hall, Nottinghamshire

Bring on the mud, the puke, the pee, the soggy sleeping bags, wet clothes. The proper festival bands, not Vegas protégés.

Last one I attended at Donington sometime in the mid 80's. Slade, AC/DC and Whitesnake. Home made wine, whiskey purloined from some Cockneys, Brains Welsh Bitter nicked from some Druids or other. Lost a trainer and had to hobble back to Sawley where I'd left the car. Did gain a lovely Afghan though which I 'found ' .

Just looked at the line up. Not much for me there, but easy listening that becomes associated with deck chairs and chill boxes.

Presumably the attendees will be ex yuppies famed for filling the charts with such illuminati as Genesis, Phil Collins, Dire Straits, Auntie Elton , Poxy Music et al ! Lovely !

• Upvote 1

You'd be laughed off the field hippo.

Not quite the Woodstock line up of Hendrix, CCR, The Band, Janis Joplin, Canned Heat, The Who, Johnny Winter, Ten Years After, Grateful Dead, Mountain, Tim Hardin, Joe Cocker, Santana, Jefferson Airplane, Keef Hartley, etc.

Or Watkins Glen in 73.The Allman Brothers, The Band and the Grateful Dead which I believe still holds the highest attendance record of 600,000 for just three bands playing in shifts over 18 hours.

The great thing about music is its diversity and connection to everyone irrespective of gender , ethnicity, religion or class....

It has the propensity to take you back to a time gone by , or expose you to modern day culture and trends.

So enjoy the festivals and live gigs whether you are sitting on a deckchair, watching on the telly or like me jumping around , just outside the mosh pit , watching Lauren Mayberry sing her heart out for chvrches and cement the new genre of music for the youth of today ...