I have watched this video many times, it always brings a tear to my eye. So, I sent for my DNA kit from Ancestry.com yesterday to see where I come from. Chulla and I have gone back to 1776, England all the way so far, but you do wonder if further back, we started out somewhere else.

#2. Like all the rest of you, our ancestry has us swinging from the trees, with our knuckles scraping the floor when we walked.

Here it's $99, plus S & H of course. All I have to do is con, I mean invite me friends to have a go now. Any referals get a discount and I get an Amazon gift card.

#8 The Pianoman

Family Tree DNA is currently doing an offer tracking back 5 generations for 69 dollars, takes about 6 weeks from order to results.The information given is limited for this price but there are tests costing several hundreds of dollars which are obviously far more detailed.

The entry level one provides sketch of origins, gives details of any matches for people who have had their DNA checked and their relationship and a link to contact them. I have a 2nd cousin who needed to prove the grandfathers relationship FTDNA confirmed this.

My origins are 100% european broken down as British Isles 44% - Western and Central Europe 34% - Scandinavia 22%

Worth a dabble but don't expect too much.

I was thinking about it to pass on to a Cumberpatch just to see I really am one of those. Although I don't think there can possibly be any doubt. If all it finds is your basic origins then I doubt mine would be a great deal different to yours. - ie English Viking Norman Saxon Roman. Or in otherwords we are all Anglo-German-Norwegian-Swedish-Danish-French-Italians!