NEW SERVER Hosting

When all is working OK we can now proceed with major upgrade of Forum Software.

The new hosting has the required spec to run the new software version.

• Upvote 2

Thank you Mick, for sorting all this out. It's much appreciated. Like the others who have posted today, I missed chatting to everyone on NS, while it was being transferred..

I have notice that the page loading time is much improved.

Seems like this is faster hosting than the last lot.

They also messaged me to say I could have SSL. I am no expert in this but they have installed it.

I need to read up on its use?

SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.

Seems to be running well at the moment.

We have been with a number of hosts over the years, all but the two previous hosts are now out of business!

Screenshot%202016-08-14%20at%2021.48.22_

Current DNS For nottstalgia.com

ns2.eriaone.com

ns1.eriaone.com

http://www.hosterstats.com/historicaldns.php?domain=nottstalgia.com

Dates Created on 2004-11-09 - Expires on 2016-11-09 - Updated on 2016-08-11 Name Server(s) NS1.ERIAONE.COM (has 212 domains)
NS2.ERIAONE.COM (has 212 domains) IP Address 109.169.66.22 - 56 other sites hosted on this server IP Location gb.gif - England - Milton Keynes - Iomart Hosting Limited ASN gb.gif AS20860 IOMART-AS , GB (registered Jun 20, 2001) Domain Status Registered And Active Website Whois History 87 records have been archived since 2004-12-25 IP History 28 changes on 18 unique IP addresses over 12 years Registrar History 1 registrar with 2 drops Hosting History 12 changes on 9 unique name servers over 11 years
  • 2 weeks later...

Havent had much time to browse new site but what I have seen looks good. Amazing how quickly you forget the previous site, cant remember it in any detail. 

Great job, but I dont know how you do it you made it seem soo simple.Thanks

• Upvote 2

I have just learned something by accident!  I clicked on the date of the post in unread contact and it gave me the last post in the thread.  Since the changes I had been clicking on the title of the thread then having to load the last page!  One little problem.  I just put a post on Bilborough Grammar School and somehow ended up with a blank quote box in there that I cannot get rid of.  Any ideas?

7 hours ago, BilboroughShirley said:

One little problem.  I just put a post on Bilborough Grammar School and somehow ended up with a blank quote box in there that I cannot get rid of.  Any ideas?

Is this what you mean ?  To get rid of the Quote box at any time delete the little cross in the top left corner.

quote_zps0letwabk.jpg