Now upgrading Nottstalgia to Latest Forum software

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When everyone first joined Nottstalgia they had to learn how to get round the Forums etc. They quickly did this (most of them anyway ) and went on to state how great it all was. Well, we just hav

If you're looking for kinder skins, Mick, could you find one for me...without the wrinkles? Ta!

I have just followed instructions to change my theme.I was a bit worried about clicking on it as I have never changed anything before. Clicked Old School and sighed with relief, it didn't blow up! Tha

1 hour ago, mick2me said:

More likely it has not been enabled wherever the hell that is?

It could be a Skin setting, Does it occur in the original Skin.

I can see the Likes but it just says 'Someone' 

Another job to sort!

Yes. in the original skin is also says 'administrator has disabled this function' or similar.

Anyone else got problems with Like notifications?

I just got a screen pop up to tell me of a like and there were two on the 'Bell' icon?

I think this is what Malcolm is referring to. I also get the same indicator. I can switch ON or OFF some of the green tick boxes, but others (such as the one to be notified about Likes) I can't change, and on those I get this bar.

like_zpseilyjp5h.jpg

Go to Mick2me at top of page right side

Click on account settings

Go to notification settings under Other Settings

Scroll down to  "Someone 'likes' something I posted"

BUT  I have now noticed that this has now changed to 'Someone gives reputation to something I posted'

Nowhere does it mention 'likes' and I haven't done a thing.

1 hour ago, mick2me said:

What route did you take to those controls?

(I've not been here for a while; Malcolm beat me to it)

I took the route which Malcolm described in the previous post, and the line I highlighted which said Someone likes something I posted has now changed to Someone gives reputation to something I posted which is obviously written by someone whose first language isn't English. That change happened within the last couple of hours.

I see  "The Administrator has disabled this option from being toggled."

If you search it you find many forums discussing this in upgrade threads.

I often use tapatalk to log in on my mobile devices . It wasn't keen and I had to reset passwords etc. I'll now spend some time figuring out how to use the site again. I'm sure it'll all fall into place as we go along

Things are improving, or its perhaps that I'm finding my way round things easier.

Regarding pm's it now doesn't tell you whether the recipient has read it or not. 

The fact that they may be online doesn't mean that they have read it. Any ideas? 

Very well done Mick. Despite my almost constant griping, I greatly appreciate what you've done for us. Thanks. 

There are small details that I rely on members to bring up so that I can look for a fix.

Post Numbering and PM reply issues.

maybe I'm being a bit thick but what does giving someone a reputation mean .

I'm still getting white on white.

I have now set Oldschool to default theme for all members.

You can still choose from the other three at the bottom of the board.

19 minutes ago, freckles said:

maybe I'm being a bit thick but what does giving someone a reputation mean .

It's the new way of saying "I Liked your post".  

It's stupid because it doesn't really make sense. Invented by a foreigner.

• Upvote 1

How can I delete notifications shown on the bell ? 

Also, where can I delete notifications relating to PM's ? Previously, I went to my profile, then edit my profile, then to notifications and deleted at the end of each day. Now, I can't find it. 

I've looked at the PM process Cliff. If I tick the box, it won't delete my pm will it? It was just the new equivalent of the old list of each reply I need to delete, not the whole pm. 

I think you're right about it deleting the whole thing - in which case don't do what I said.

I agree with you that I can't see a way of deleting any notifications. In a few weeks the list is going to be bl**dy massive.

I'll leave things as they are. Thanks Cliff