Just cut & pasted from the address bar at top of the youtube page...................................i've not got a clue what I'm doing, I'm 61 you know!! & I'm not very testically minded!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes i remember Mrs Mills iremember she played a song about a jewel box dancer can not remember the exact name heard it many times on the radio   Another two pianists comedians were Flannders

Happy memories of the ''King brothers'''.........Aunts in the 50s/60s loved singing all the 'beverley sisters'' stuff,,,,,,and my lovely Uncles were also always singing,,,and the ''King brothers''' we

So follow me, follow down to the hollow and there let us wallow in glorious mud!

Posted Images

No Mick, you stop at 60, & I'll meet you on the way back...........I'm gonna knock a year off every B'day, 60 next, 59 after that..................

• 7 years later...

I remember Joe Henderson. For some reason I particularly remember seeing him on TV at my grandma's house whenever we visited.

Or am I confusing him with Russ Conway, who had a very similar act, and was also always on TV.

Russ Conway was fantastic, I loved his wonderful smile.  Yes he did have half a finger missing. I saw him perform at Theatre Royal in (probably) 1962.  Also on the show were The Springfields (suppose before Dusty went solo), and Bill Maynard.  I wrote to Russ’s fan club and got a signed photo in return, still got it somewhere in my box of memories.  Such a handsome man!   

Once saw Russ Conway at Warner, Norton Grange on the I.O.W. He came and sat with us in the bar, after his stint. Lovely man to talk to. After just a few minutes it were like talking to an old mate. It seemed rather sad that he was down to 'doing the club circuit'. A smashing bloke.

Yes i remember Mrs Mills iremember she played a song about a jewel box dancer can not remember the exact name heard it many times on the radio

Another two pianists comedians were Flannders and Swan famous for The Gas Man Cometh the words still hold true today.

• Like 2

I always associate Flanders & Swann and Gerard Hoffnung although, I just found out , Hoffnung was about a decade earlier.

Hoffnung was extremely talented and hilarious to watch and hear. Have a listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq-q6TcbHLE

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZUJLO6lMhI

May not be in the same vein but another pianist was the brilliant Victor Borge. He would tell anecdotes in between bits of recitals, which he used to muck up ! Very clever pianist though, when he wanted to be. The late Les Dawson emulated him.

10 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

Yes i remember Mrs Mills iremember she played a song about a jewel box dancer can not remember the exact name heard it many times on the radio

Was it Music Box Dancer? If so it was Frank Mills not Mrs Mills

1 hour ago, jonab said:

Hoffnung was extremely talented and hilarious to watch and hear. Have a listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq-q6TcbHLE

When I was young, my dad had the LP of the Hoffnung performance at the Oxford Union. Whenever my dad played it, I didn't 'get the joke' at all and was mystified by it, but these days I think Hoffnung is an underrated genius.