Emperor's suit of clothes!

23 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:
21 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

can't explain it but I feel less connected now,and less inclined to post,.........just feel somethings missing......does anyone else feel the same way?.......

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

can't explain it but I feel less connected now,and less inclined to post,.........just feel somethings missing......does anyone else feel the same way?.......

This is fun, isn't it?  Never had this trouble with the old site.

But having finally got the quote from benjamin1945 that I wanted, my response to what he said is:

Yes - to an extent, but I'm going to stick with it despite wondering whether some people may be drifting away.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What everyone seems to forget is they are thanks to MICK's generosity getting this service FREE..................

Oh Fly , that can't be true..... Always new adventures , new experiences, new people to meet.... The fun may be different to what it was before but it should still be as exciting ? !!!!!

Ne mind Chulla, you can huddle round the "Gas Stove" and reminisce?

32 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Ive got used to the new format.........just feel somethings missing......does anyone else feel the same way?.......

Yes,, and it's difficult to put into words.

As I said in #93 and #96, the thing which irritates me is the software concentration on Posts rather than Threads. It takes longer to catch up with everything that's happened since the last visit. And things drop down the list of "recent activity" much faster than they used to. I get the feeling that anything I post will disappear from people's attention much more quickly than previously.

• Upvote 4

#102 That's the thing which irritates me Kev but I have got on with most of the

other things better than I thought I would.

At first it was like some one had stolen my comfy pair of slippers and then I realised

they were only comfortable after I had worn them for a while. 

• Upvote 4
55 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

As I said in #93 and #96, the thing which irritates me is the software concentration on Posts rather than Threads. It takes longer to catch up with everything that's happened since the last visit. And things drop down the list of "recent activity" much faster than they used to. I get the feeling that anything I post will disappear from people's attention much more quickly than previously.

Well, as I've said elsewhere I go to 'Unread Content' first to see if anything's new rather than look through everything under 'All Activity'.

The only drawback is that if you look at anything under 'Unread Content' and then want to go back to it you obviously can't find it again the same way as it's no longer Unread!

Its probably me age Jill.........everything takes longer.........you young 'whippersnapper'...............lol.

• Upvote 1

Just read your reply SueB........'Comfy slippers'............a good way to put it mi-duck.................

Oh, Ben! Anyone who calls me a young whippersnapper goes straight to the top of my list of favourites! Never mind the fact that when I get up in the morning, I have to hobble until my feet wake up! And before you ask! No, its not the Shiraz!

The only thing I'm too young for these days is retirement!

• Upvote 2

I'm with Cliff on this one.  I don't want to come across as a complainer because that's not my nature and I have always enjoyed NS.  I find the focus on posts rather than threads harder to follow.  It was so easy to just log on and see if anything new was on a thread I was interested in.

It is hard to define but I don't think I log on with quite the sense of anticipation that I used to.  I sense I may be missing some good posts because things just disappear so quickly now.  Just keep plugging along I guess.

• Upvote 4

Yes Loppy another good way to put it.............I concur about that certain sense of anticipation'.......tut the things we look forward to at our age hey'.....................lol.

• Upvote 3

Nothing's much fun as it was before! 

Ha, ha, I'm trying to grow old disgracefully, but the reins are on. 

As ive stated in several topics, I'm treated like a five year old, or a ninety five year old. 

• Upvote 4
On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 11:03 PM, poohbear said:

Found it now...on the left of page not RIGHT!

I found it where Enigma said; drop-down arrow to the right of 'Theme', not to the right of the page.

I'm still struggling with some aspects . Like in a thread message , how do you get to the previous page ? It's ok when there are just a couple of pages to choose from but when there are hundreds and the choice is 1, 2 , 3, 435. How do get to page 434 ?

on each page below each thread there is two arrows pointing to the left clicking on them will take you to the very first page 

next to the arrow is the word prev which when clicked on will take you to the previous page 

after the word prev is 1 2 3 4 and 5 which is the current page we are on after the nnumber 5 is page 5 of 5 with a tiny arrow pointing down clicking on that will bring up a box so you can enter a certain page number direct and then click on the word go 

I'm still struggling with some aspects . Like in a thread message , how do you get to the previous page ? It's ok when there are just a couple of pages to choose from but when there are hundreds and the choice is 1, 2 , 3, 435. How do get to page 434 ?

OK changed to Old School from the previous Facebook style and all now visible . Thanks !

Strange seems to have repeated my post

• Upvote 1