Emperor's suit of clothes!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What everyone seems to forget is they are thanks to MICK's generosity getting this service FREE..................

Oh Fly , that can't be true..... Always new adventures , new experiences, new people to meet.... The fun may be different to what it was before but it should still be as exciting ? !!!!!

Ne mind Chulla, you can huddle round the "Gas Stove" and reminisce?

I can hardly see page number on facebook style.  Old school is better but I can't be done with beige.  Default is best for me.

I think I know what you mean Lizzie...........ive pushed mesen today to try and enjoy it like I used to.........but finding it a struggle,like I keep saying cant put me finger on it...........and I want to.............

• Upvote 4

I use "Default" view in themes.

To get to the forum listings, go to top left of screen & select "Browse".

Just below that select "Forums", away you go !

Windows 10, Firefox & also Chrome, Windows Edge, also Chromebook, all work fine.

# 133. But Catfan that's not how I want to find items that interest me.  Unless this iPad is showing different stuff to what you can see.   I click on Activity then My activity Stream but it's not easy to follow threads.  Oh well, might take up knitting 

• Upvote 1

#131.  That's the version I use. It's not great but it's the best option available. I still have to spend half my time scrolling down through threads I'm not interested in. It's the listing of all the individual posts which clutters everything up.

• Upvote 1

because tapatalk is not available at this moment in time if i use google chrome to access the forums on my ipad  as soon i come on the index master page i tap on the right hand side as shown in the first screenshot 

i then tap on the unread content and then if need be i tap on the read status and choose everything as shown in the 2nd screenshot off my ipad 

i scroll though and tap on the subject if it interests me 

IMG_0027_zpsih3uhzne.pngIMG_0028_zpsizi8islk.png

Remembering I am no techie, I have left everything as was, made no alterations at all, I am that bad I would probably never get back on the site if I played about.

When I come to the site I click on activity, then unread posts and get the same screen as #131, scroll down to what interests me and open the thread, click on go to last page and catch up on things simples.

• Upvote 1

Since cliff-ton mentioned the 'on line users'...........keep having a peep,and find it very interesting......didn't realise how many people are watching you and know what we're up to.............lol.

• Upvote 1

Good to know that I am not the only one unhappy with the new format ,used to spend  time looking at old pictures of Nottingham with hubby. Takes to long to find topics so lose interest, used to enjoy the gossip, like lizzie need to find new hobby now.

• Upvote 4

:Shock:#144 NBL.............food for thought ain't it.................think i'll keep me Gob shut a bit............lol.

Its nice and smart/corporate looking- maybe it needs a 'jig'.

I seem to spend more time scrolling.. a microfiche i ain't!!

Plus the " reputation" is very Vancouver.

Having to go up to bell to the old' like' dpt...zzzzzz

Catfans old avatar qoute springs to mind:

If It Ain't Broke - Break It.

I wrote a long post outlining all the little quirks and anomalies that people have mentioned over the last few days, and it wouldn't post or save. Irritating ! 

Oh, Ian, what is Vancouver? 

I'll try again. 

There has been no trial run with this system as far as I can see, and everyone is fumbling trying to associate the new way with the old. The main problem being people's interpretation  of Activity and Unread. We each had our own way of finding things in the past, but are now finding different ways of reaching the required solution. The All Activity gives superfluous info which includes the overused Reputation facility. (Is it time this nonsense was scrapped? ) . We really need to sort out the Unread bits as this is what people mainly require, instead of seeing the same stuff reoccurring. 

Private Messages are also a problem. A recipient deleted one of my pms yesterday, but it still gave me the opportunity to reply. I'd not noticed the tiny bit at the top of the message saying that they had left the conversation.

At least we're all trying to help each other.

• Upvote 1