Emperor's suit of clothes!

Keep persevering.  I'm sure it will soon all get better for us all.  Perhaps you locals need a meetup somewhere where there is wifi and then  all log on together and compare notes about how you see topics/posts etc etc?  

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What everyone seems to forget is they are thanks to MICK's generosity getting this service FREE..................

Oh Fly , that can't be true..... Always new adventures , new experiences, new people to meet.... The fun may be different to what it was before but it should still be as exciting ? !!!!!

Ne mind Chulla, you can huddle round the "Gas Stove" and reminisce?

5 hours ago, carni said:

Sorry Beduth. I didn't give a reply because I wasn't sure what the meaning of "Emperors suit of clothes" was about. I have read through the posts and I am still not sure. I even had to Google "retrograde, moving backwards". I will say that I am not keen on the new NS at the moment, but that might be because it is some thing new, and at my age I like familiarity with everything. I don't feel that we are moving backwards, but I at the moment I prefer the old NS. Like it or not, I think it is here to stay and I hope we all manage to master it eventually.

Hi carni, Your post is most acceptable.

Please look up 'The Emperor's New Clothes' on Wikipedia.

At the outset of this topic I was relating the website 'Improvement' to the suit of clothes and perhaps members were reticent to express disappointment for fear of exposing an inability to understand the changes, just like the kings ministers had a fear of exposing their stupidity.

I must say; colours are now far more acceptable, compared to yesterday's wish wash edition.

• Upvote 1

At the risk of getting shot down, I'd have said that given the whingeing, grumbling and complaining that was going on yesterday in some quarters, Aesop's tale of the Dog in the Manger might have been my analogy! :)

Yeah, it'd take some cap to fit my big head I've heard say. LOL

• Upvote 1

I've tried the various themes, and with Medevil Magic (Default) you get the white type on the white background on the list of forums that alan S mentions above (can't give the post number as that no longer appears).

With OldSchoolV4, which LOOKS the best, I find that when I go to (for example) 'Activity' at the top then 'Unread Content' or any of the four options the text disappears.

FB Look is OK and Default is probably better.

There you are you see. That's what's wrong with this improved site.

What's all this talk about 'Old School'; themes, and with Medevil Magic; FB Look etc. It means absolutely nothing to me or my laptop. I've been into every nook & cranny to find these alternatives. The programme should incorporate a Sat-nav to guide people through this jungle or else a bleedy big help button.

And don't go telling me to go to Specsavers.

• Upvote 1

in response to Bedruth's question to change the skin its now called theme and the shortcut can be found at the bottom of this page or any page in question - left click on the arrow pointing down on the right hand side of the word theme and you given 4 options  ----- >  default , old school v4 , medevil magic and FB look 

• Upvote 1

I can find my way round the new site without much difficulty but the problem is that now we are in the 21st. century any revisions and updates to computer systems should make things better than the previous version and should cause praise - not adverse criticism. The aim should be to delight the user and to attract more of them. As I keep saying - "user friendly".

• Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, Enigma. said:

in response to Bedruth's question to change the skin its now called theme and the shortcut can be found at the bottom of this page or any page in question - left click on the arrow pointing down on the right hand side of the word theme and you given 4 options  ----- >  default , old school v4 , medevil magic and FB look 

Damned if I can see a ruddy arrow pointing down

• Upvote 1

I think the term "user friendly" is fairly subjective because I'm using this site and find it very friendly and easy to use. Philmayfield may well say that the object of 21st century software revisions is to make things better than the previous version(s) but if he worked where I do, he'd realise pretty damned quickly that it ain't the case! There aren't many in my department who would describe themselves as "delighted" when the IT boffins have been tinkering of a weekend. This site is a joy in comparison!

• Upvote 4