Emperor's suit of clothes!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What everyone seems to forget is they are thanks to MICK's generosity getting this service FREE..................

Oh Fly , that can't be true..... Always new adventures , new experiences, new people to meet.... The fun may be different to what it was before but it should still be as exciting ? !!!!!

Ne mind Chulla, you can huddle round the "Gas Stove" and reminisce?

I'm relieved that it is not only me that finds the new site unnecessarily difficult to fathom, I don't think I'll bother trying for much longer.

It's a  shame, I enjoyed reading and contributing to the forums.  

• Upvote 1

i find the new update more user friendly - everytime i come on here i just click on the unread content button - look at whats been posted and if i want to got to the last post of a certain thread then all i need to do is click on the last post by clicking on how long ago something was posted

once i have done reading i click on the mark forums read 

if i want to post a photo from photobucket i can now use the direct link and post it here instead of having to use the html function

if i want to post a video from youtube i can just post the link without having to edit it and the site converts it and the video comes up right away 

plus i am using the old school v4 skin which looks like the one i was using on the previous forums before the updates 

• Upvote 1

I must say that I agree with everything that Enigma has just said, with the exception of posting photos, but that is purely because I haven't done it yet. I have deliberately not compared it with the old forum software as it has gone so it it forgotten so far as I am concerned. I have done what I believe it was CliffTon who suggested, and set 'Activity' - 'All Activity' as my landing page, and bookmarked that page and when coming to Nottstalgia I get all the new posts starting in a line from the top.  What could be easier? 

• Upvote 4
32 minutes ago, The Pianoman said:

I have done what I believe it was CliffTon who suggested, and set 'Activity' - 'All Activity' as my landing page, and bookmarked that page and when coming to Nottstalgia I get all the new posts starting in a line from the top.  

I believe it might have been me :rolleyes:

And I'll repeat my post in another thread on the same subject, you can fine tune the "Activity - All Activity" setting.

Go to Activity, then My Activity Streams, then Create New Stream which gives a custom-made starting point for reading new posts.

I used to enjoy going on the web site, I have just sat here for about an hour trying to get my head around new site, I used to go on "keep one drop one" now can't find it any where. The old site was so easy for us (mature uses) also use to go on "song association"  YES I WILL GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY. but I'm sorry if I still find it difficult I will not use any more.

I  felt at home on this site it was if I knew all he members personally.

I enjoyed posting in  "how's your day" and starting new topic's.

I can't see you changing back, so word's fail me.

I agree with all the other comment's the web site now is

• Upvote 1

I apologise if I have asked this question before but  in a different way and had it  explained already, but I am not very computer savvy and it takes a long time for me to understand even the simplest of instructions.

When I have replied or just finished reading a thread this is the path I take.

Scroll down to bottom of page and click HOME

Then Activity, which jumps to All Activity

Then Unread Content

Is it the best path to take?

Thank you.

The way I see it:-  Miss out 'scroll to bottom of page and click "home" ' and just go straight to top of page and click 'activity', which will default to 'all activity'.

• Upvote 1

I have settled on All Activity as being the page I want to read. I just click on Activity and then on All Activity. However, I do not log off (just exit the forum via the top-right corner X). When I next come into the forum via the internet address (the URL) it automatically comes up where I left off - the All Activity first page.

I notice that the Likes/Reputations count is noted under the avatar photo, but the Profile does not have it, so you cannot interrogate it.

• Upvote 1

That seems best. I don't understand why people are having problems being signed out automatically. I never sign out nor am I ever signed out.

carni. On my PC the Nottstalgia internet address is automatically saved because it knows it is an website I use regularly. So I just click on the top line address bar and  and Nottstalgia comes up. With my laptop it is different, and probably yours is like mine. In the search space - Google or whatever - I just type Not and it puts up the Nottstalgia address (URL), and then I just click on that.

Are we going to see some piccies from the new camera?

I have Nottstalgia on my desktop along with around thirty other Shortcuts that I follow. I just switch my Laptop on and click on the NS link and it opens up on to the Home page.

We are all set for a walk around in a few minutes. Camera at the ready, Will see if I can show you all what a great place Weymouth is.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to the pictures carni - if you ever get the better of Photobucket that is. lol

• Upvote 1

As anyone found anything better or a tweak to "all activity" a lot of interesting Nottingham related topics & posts get lost in this new "all activity" all I got his morning was pages of "happy birthday" "word association" "keep on drop one" "pets" " song association" until I click "load more activity" there was a new post from Chulla about some meet up but that soon disappeared down the screen & out of site?

• Upvote 1

I agree.  As far as I can see, there isn’t a way to filter out threads you don’t want to see.

The big problem with the new software is the way it prioritises posts as opposed to threads.

In the old system, when you logged in you were presented with all the threads which had new posts since your last visit. You then looked in the thread and caught up with new posts. So the number of threads with new posts was relatively small (eg. overnight)

The new system presents you with all the new posts, rather than the collective thread. That means you get a much larger number of them, and you have to keep scrolling down the page to see everything you’ve missed since your last visit.

It’s annoying to see - under “all activity”  - six or seven posts in the same thread; waste of space.

It's different but it's not a step forwards.

• Upvote 5
3 hours ago, radfordred said:

there was a new post from Chulla about some meet up but that soon disappeared down the screen & out of site?

That's one of the consequences I don't like; threads and posts disappear very quickly down the list of current topics because they are crowded out by all the individual posts on birthdays or associations. If the Activity option only showed threads (and not every bl**dy post), something like the Meet-up thread would usually stay prominent for several days. Now you have to scroll down several times to find something which happened only a couple of hours ago.

2 hours ago, carni said:

Please could anyone tell me, what the difference in Activity and All Activity is and how to use them properly?

I can't see any difference.

I don't think there is any !   I don't think you're really intended to click on Activity on its own, it's just something you go through to get to all the sub-divisions.

Iliked the way the 10 newest topics or latest postings were always high-lighted in the box under the Nottstalgia graphics............just felt more in touch.

• Upvote 1
On 8/23/2016 at 8:25 AM, radfordred said:

As anyone found anything better or a tweak to "all activity" a lot of interesting Nottingham related topics & posts get lost in this new "all activity" all I got his morning was pages of "happy birthday" "word association" "keep on drop one" "pets" " song association" until I click "load more activity" there was a new post from Chulla about some meet up but that soon disappeared down the screen & out of site?

Ive got used to the new format.........and its all very clever and realise how much hard work as gone into the changes,but as RR states its difficult to relate to Nottingham at ist glance and seems less personal than the old format.........can't explain it but I feel less connected now,and less inclined to post,.........just feel somethings missing......does anyone else feel the same way?.......