Test for new software

Enigma, I am the same - I ONLY use the unread content option and I don't have any problems as I can still choose not to bother with the topics I'm not interested in.  They just remain unread!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Enigma. said:

e you tried using the unread content option ? - i dont use anything else and it works for me - i can skip by threads click on the ones that interest me 

The trouble there (which we didn't have under the old system) is if you read something and a little later want to go back to it. As it's no longer under unread content it's not so straightforward to find it again

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Enigma. said:

i dont know what device you are using to access these forums but along the top there is a read status option and by choosing everything will show you what you previously read and other threads 

If you mean where it says 'All Activity' I'm aware of that, but it means trawling down through maybe more than one page to find the same thing again - something we didn't have to do under the old system as we could go straight to the same topic.

no i dont mean all activity - not clicked on that and i dont intend to seems a few are getting the activity and unread option mixed up 

whether i access these forusm by my pc - ipad or mobile phone - i use the unread option first and then used the read status & change to everything 

Ah, I see!  When you said at post #28 there was a 'read status' option along the top I didn't realise you meant AFTER going to Unread Content.

I'll give that a go, but at first sight it does seem to involve extra steps to get to something that was there in front of you on the old site.