Test for new software

As far as I can see, no-one has yet started a new thread with the new software. Everyone has been trying to understand where everything has gone and how it all works in the new world.

So this is just a test to see what happens when a new thread appears ....

I've missed something - been poorly a few days! Do the last ten topics come up still or do I have to scroll down to see which is most recent? Would hate to miss someone's birthday or any other burning issues :Fool:

There are two ways of finding the new things to read.....

1. At the top right - slightly below your log-in name - is a heading Unread content. Click on that and you will see everything you haven't read.

Or

2. At the top left - Click on Activity and then All Activity - you will see everything which is currently happening.

• Upvote 1

i like how if you want to go to the last comment made on a subject - for example if it says on the left hand side of the thread title posted 40mins ago if you click on the wording 40mins ago it will take you to the end post in that thread 

• Upvote 1

Yes, Enigma, I discovered that, too.  You have to touch screen/click  the time and not the topic or the person's name to get to the end..

• Upvote 2

Thank you Enigma and Margie for the tip about clicking on the date or time of a post, to take you to the last post on a thread. I have just tried it and I can see it will be a big help. I seem at the moment to be spending a lot of time scrolling. Any tips we can pass on to each other will help get us all accustomed to the new layout.

• Upvote 1

Call me old fashioned, but I liked the way Nottstalgia was before.

The layout and software was easy to use and one could see new topics immediately.

I used to be part of another forum that was very popular until they decided to completely change everything, because (they said) they wanted the site to be more smart phone friendly.

Ah well......

Progress ?

• Upvote 2

Just testing.........think me 'oojars' are back :rolleyes:..............yes,don't know where they went..........

Not so many LOLs now...........smile2..

The software had to be updated from V.3 to V.4.

V.3 is at end of life for support and security updates.

If there is a problem, Invision have server and forum access and will access and sort it out. 

• Upvote 1

Jill,i'm sure you have lots of lovely 'oojars'..........:rolleyes:.........that's one....lol.

and Sue.........glad yours are back too...........:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

No, I understand what you mean, it's easy to say 'can't be arsed' and give up.

I'm saying change is often about a positive mind-set... whether something's worth putting effort into is a different matter though. 

• Upvote 1

I don't have any problem with change - I'm happy with operating the new system and I didn't find it difficult to understand.

The problem I have is that it isn't actually very good in day-to-day use. It has added extra moves and operations into what used to be a relatively simple activity.

To use a slightly fashionable management phrase - I don't think it's fit for purpose.

• Upvote 4

You mean it's basically shite Cliff ! 

• Upvote 2

Well I've given it a go, and can honestly say I don't like it !

On the old forum I loved the panel at the top with active recent threads and I could easily skip one's like the words thingy, and look at what interested me easily.

Now I have to trail through the so called new activity and if I've missed the start of the thread I'm lost.

Sorry just me maybe.

• Upvote 2

Well I have kept quiet about this so far. I find the new set up perfectly easy to use but like Banjo and others I am missing the recent threads panel at the top. If I check in frequently it isn't a problem as there is always something fresh on the 'New Activity' page, but if like Thursday for example when I was out all day I come onto the forum, come to the 'New Activity' page and all there seemed to be was games and gripes. It didn't and still doesn't seem like a Nottingham orientated forum at all. Perhaps Fynger saw it coming.

• Upvote 3