If you click on Activity and then on Online Users you will see how many people have visited the NS site in the last 30 minutes. When I did this a couple of minutes ago (it keeps changing) there were 33 visitors of which only six were members. Six members is a long way from the 60 or so we usually get. Has the new format frightened most of them off?

Edit: There would never be 60 online at one go, of course, but cannot see a daily count.

• Upvote 1

I can see more detailed information, and during the last 24 hours 79 registered members visited the site (and an unknown number of guests).

I'd say that is slightly below a typical figure before the update. 

I noticed similar figures earlier this morning. It'll soon revert back to normal figures. 

On 8/19/2016 at 12:34 PM, Cliff Ton said:

I can see more detailed information, and during the last 24 hours 79 registered members visited the site (and an unknown number of guests). 

Bearing in mind things which have been mentioned previously, I wonder if any of those 79 people tried to post something but found they were unable to.

I am finding site very puzzling to get round.I much preferred it when I could look along the top of the page and see what we were all talking about ,then click on one I wanted to read,and there it was...Simples

• Upvote 3

Finding this new format awkward. Takes longer to try to find anything .not so quick to look at .sorry but find it off putting,like I can't be bothered sorry I'm trying to work with it.

cant help how I find it.

• Upvote 2

I have to agree with the last two posts. I'm sorry to say it's lost much of it's appeal for me now, it's too much hassle trying to find anything, it was much simpler when the most recent posts were listed across the top.

• Upvote 1

Crankypig, Moody cow and ChrisB,  after choosing 'Activity' choose 'unread content'  also, under the label 'sorting' you can choose 'newest first'  Obviously, once you've read a certain topic it no longer appears on your 'unread content' list, so if you want to find it again you have to go back and choose 'activity' again

For the first time there is a 'contact us' link at the bottom of every page if people have trouble posting.

I have already forgotten the old format but as Margie says. its all on the top menu bars starting at either brows or activity.

There's also a feature I'm using which I haven't seen anyone else mention yet.

Go to Activity, then My Activity Streams and then Create New Stream.

It allows you to set up your own filters to show whatever you want to see when you look at the site.

• Upvote 1

I do not have much time of late to visit this great Nottingham website but when I do I always find something to enjoy in the few minutes I usually have to hand.

However, the time it now takes me to try and navigate around the confusing pages may deter me in the future.

Sorry to be a little negative about what still is a great website, set up and managed by dedicated people for ordinary people like me...

Keep up the good work, but it was far far better as it was before.

• Upvote 2

#10 I found that out a while ago. At first it was very confusing but think now I've got using My activity streams .

The latest (V.4.x) plug in which showed the member online today and the max numbers ever online has been installed but it does not show anywhere on the board. The support topic and also the authors own website has disappeared!

MembersOnline Today

It is not so easy to check the list of who has given you a Like tick. Under your avatar picture is the number of Likes (now called Reputations) that you have received - it is the number in green. Click on it and  the list that appears on the left side of the screen defaults to 'Status updates'. Click on 'Posts' and they will all appear, along with the Likes that you have given.

• 3 months later...

Neither have I.  We just give everyone money because I hate the thought of buying something they've already got or, even worse, something they don't like!

• Upvote 1

Something has happened since first thing this morning. The guests are not now shown for some reason. I liked seeing what old topics folk were viewing. The Forums screen has changed too. 

I noticed the same thing sometime this morning. I'd been messing around with my "Activity" settings and assumed it was just me seeing the reduced number.

I can get this display of information; Below the heading "Who's Online" there's the list of the 9 people online at that time; and then 29 Guests. However, if I click on "See full list" I don't see a full list...just a list of members. There only seems to be one Guest showing on the list at any time, even though the other heading says there are many more.

list_zps1sw39iuw.jpg

I think the mods have been busy. :biggrin:. That's not a complaint.  A new poster posted a new topic on Chandos school.  I replied.  Both posts now moved to the Chandos school thread.  Makes more sense.  Thanks to whoever moved it.  Helps to keep this site great.

Has anyone the remotest idea what this new section called 'Leaderboard ' does ? 

Yes, I'm an avid fan. Pure unadulterated innocent fun ! 

• Upvote 1

I love Strictly Come Dancing.  I know that some contestants are kept in just for entertainment value rather than their dancing skills, but  I don't think that matters.  It's fun and varied, and I'm just amazed at the way  the contestants improve each week, despite many of them having other employment as well.  Bruno irritates me sometimes but to make an interesting programme, each judge has to be (or has been told to be?) different in the way they evaluate each performance.  I really love the dancers' outfits, make up and hairstyles as well.

• Upvote 1