I cannot watch Strictly any more because the judges are so irritating.  Darcy is OK as she does make constructive comment and is not rude but the other three!  They need a lesson from Mary Berry in Bake Off.  No matter what the disaster she will start with a positive comment about the cake and then offer constructive criticism.  Always professional.  The three blokes who judge Strictly only seem to be interested in the impact of what they say and i do not find such calculated rudeness entertaining.  If some decent judges were appointed I might get past this and enjoy watching some dancing.

• Upvote 1

The judges and their respective verdicts only take up a minute part of the programme, and I normally ignore what they say anyway. I think the Beeb should be congratulated on their professionalism. It runs perfectly smoothly, and is not interrupted by inane and irritating adverts. The professional dancers, the band, the singers, the dress designers and makers, the make up artists, the background staff, the camera and lightning crew, in fact everyone connected with the show has my absolute admiration....... Oh, and they've got the delightful Tess Daly too. All in all, a fantastic show that I look forward to. 

• Upvote 2

Some of you - well the odd one or two - might have wondered who won the dancing competition in which Nottstalgians hoofed it against each other in the Poetry section a while ago. Fret ye not; when Strictly reaches its finale, all will be revealed in that section. Place yer bets, but I am not giving away any clues. 

On 12/8/2016 at 10:41 AM, Chulla said:

Some of you - well the odd one or two - might have wondered who won the dancing competition in which Nottstalgians hoofed it against each other in the Poetry section a while ago. Fret ye not; when Strictly reaches its finale, all will be revealed in that section. Place yer bets, but I am not giving away any clues. 

Ooh dear Chulla, a bit of a poser this one Miduck.

Now then is it Hippo girl and her Englishman or perhaps Kristina and our own Englishman Compo? Mmmmmm the mind boggles, it could be one of those couples? You know what they say

An Englishman.........needs.........Time.......Purr.

I'll have five bob each way on one of those two couples? :)

But Carni, you and your husband actually still go dancing, so maybe your skills will win the contest.  I'm out because I only jive with chairs!

On 12/8/2016 at 10:41 AM, Chulla said:

Ooh dear Chulla, a bit of a poser this one Miduck.

Now then is it Hippo girl and her Englishman or perhaps Kristina and our own Englishman Compo? Mmmmmm the mind boggles, it could be one of those couples? You know what they say

An Englishman.........needs.........Time.......Purr.

I'll have five bob each way on one of those two couples? :)

Don't ask me how this post has popped up again.GRRRR:(

All Dancing, Cycling, Driving off limits untiI have the all clear from The doc. Got to go on the 15th Dec? Probably leave it till after Christmas now.

So we will have to wait for Dance Judge Chulla to tell us the winner.  I think we have got to wait for the Strictly final before he will give the results. Point that Pen at the Paper Chulla, we are all agog with anticipation. :biggrin: 

You are right about one thing, carnie - one male and one female made it to the final. You were wrong in their identities. Five bob up the Swanee already. My lips are now sealed until the Strictly final. Poem written weeks ago and kept since in a safe place; after all there's a thousand quid at stake, and a weekend in Skeggy for the runner-up.

• 2 weeks later...