A few random photos - 3

Now that people are getting their heads around the recent changes, it's time to have a post in the old style which has nothing to do with software updates.

square5_zpsqihzxqx2.jpg

A proper bus at Trent Bridge, Victoria Embankment.

bustrent_zpsnkqrkl0b.jpg

Looking up Long Row towards Chapel Bar - Yates's is just visible on the right.

long%20row1_zps3ktizktn.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that people are getting their heads around the recent changes, it's time to have a post in the old style which has nothing to do with software updates.     A proper bus at Tren

Sir Henry "Tim" Birkin and a supercharged Bentley at Brooklyn 1932 .  

• 1 month later...

Believe so Ian . Caption says luckily only one worker was there at the time who received a head injury .

Looks like a riot on the streets of Nottingham .

Worse ! It's the University ragweek and students re-enacted War of the World's and a Martian invasion ! 1927

31592287726_a4ac23a2fe.jpg

• Upvote 2

I have seen this car if it is the 1929 Blower   (Blower No1 ? )

I think that if 1932 then this is after Bentley ceased trading so a privately owned vehicle

Sadly Birkin died in 1933 . There was a TV film "Full Throttle" with Rowan Atkinson playing Birkin.

I guess the liberty bodice arrangement was designed to keep clothing tight to the body in a busy cockpit............fetching isn't it?

If it's any use the caption says the Bentley was owned by the Hon. Dorothy Paget .

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I remember as a child seeing one of the Birkin family driving into the factory yard on Gladstone street forest fields in a bright red cord motor car with big chrome flexible exhaust sticking out of the bonnet  around the late 1940s has anyone any info on what the factory produced during the second world war  I remember long lines of American 6 wheeled wagons with the star on the bonnet all along Gladstone street   meeowed