Science Fiction films

There were a film on last night, on horror Chanel, I think. Title =Contagion !  Nuff said I think.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's more impressive is that :-   a)  I did it b) Other people found it c) Confusion didn't reign d) Everybody just carried on like in the old days

Col, Loppy and Jill. Here is the best version of Richard Strauss's Four Last Songs. Just listen to that voice. My God! Strauss was an old man when he composed these four separate songs for the fe

Col,   Gould liked to be controversial. Twas he who said that, in his opinion, at 36, Mozart lived too long!   If you have time, look into Gould. There is so much more to him than

I see this is on the next page now - please everybody look at my post on the previous page.  I hate it when I've posted something then it goes on to the next  page!

The appearance of Strauss' Four Last Songs on here  brought these uppermost in my mind

Also From Wagner, the most passionate vocal music of all time:

An orgasm in music!!!!!!

Deepdene, I've only watched the first episode but I expect subsequent ones are on YouTube.  I 'm definitely going to watch them

I do Oz and I can remember the locust style of walking of those affected in the 50's series... The 70's not so much.

I wasn't allowed to watch Quatermass on the telly because my Mum didn't like that sort of thing.  I did see Quatermass and the Pit on the cinema though, and several times on the TV since.  It was on last night on some channel. It was released in 1967.

Margie, I recall watching Survivors, though I have a vague memory that the series sort of ran out of steam.

A similar thing happened with the kids SF series Tripods.

The thing I remember most about Quatermass, which always put the wind up me as a child, was the intro music= "Mars, the bringer of War".

Incidentally, for the last 14years, my next door neighbours have been Mr. & Mrs. Quatermass ! They moved to Seaford, about 3 months ago. They are both in late eighties.

Funny you should say that BK, I too had nightmares over the one and only episode I watched as a kid. I happened to see the episode that scared me a couple of years back, somewhere on the internet, and Jeeze, it was so primitive, made me wonder what scared me.

It was only years after before I found out about the music. Of course it was Gustav Holtz, "The Planets Suite". I've still got the album I bought way back in the early seventies, (will have to transfer it to cd or MP3).

When we first moved to sheltered housing in 2005, I was introduced to Mr.Quatermass, I thought it were a joke. A bit embarrassing really as he remarked that I wasn't the first to disbelieve. All this about fifty years after watching the series.

I have a mono vinyl I bought in the 60's of the Planet Suite, in the 90's I purchased a stereo CD of it.

Ayup, I cannot believe how quick your response is !! Considering how far apart we are. Technology still amazes me. At least a great diversion from the current nightmare we are all in..

At the speed of light BK!