catfan

Post numbers in Topic

Is it just me or why is there no post numbers in a topic ?

So we've got to go back to quoting....  it is a very prominent 'quote' button so that's what we're expected to do I suppose.

I will look at it.

'Post number' was a plug in.

Now re installed and working. 

• Upvote 1

To see it clearly, Hover the mouse at top of post

• Upvote 2

Thanks Mick, It is faint on the top right of post but becomes very clear when I hover my cursor at the top as you say. I am glad we have the #number back, I found it very useful when referring to a recent post.

• Upvote 2

Don`t talk to me about numbers, brought these by mistake I live at 45.

DQx-o_4VwAALkr5.jpg 

• Like 5

I'd like to see a post number system return.

Not a big problem..as i mention the persons name or RE topic.

Saves any confusion.

Ian.

Putting @ in front of people's names, as in @IAN123. draws their attention that you are replying to them.

It could save some space by not having their previous quote included in your post & they'll get a notification.

• Like 1

On Line Users.

Can any one tell me who are the 37 guest users who seem to be looking at what goes on in this forum at all hours of the day or night?

These guests are most likely "bots" from search engines searching out keywords/phrases to enable them to provide links for their services.

They could also be bots with a more nefarious intent in searching out email addresses or other details of members of the forum. That is why one should NEVER post email addresses or any other details on an open forum that could be used to contact or identify members (or anyone else).

4 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

On Line Users.   Can any one tell me who are the 37 guest users who seem to be looking at what goes on in this forum at all hours of the day or night?

Take a look at this thread from a few months ago.         https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/15330-experian-what-the-hell-is-it/

It's even more interesting than World War One.

Thanks Cliff Ton

If they are 'bots why doesn't the site have one of those "bot letter" things as part of the log in or is it not worth it?

I worked out from recent robot calls during a recent election that artificial intelligence does not understand "**** off" as they kept calling.