Useful posts re reading topics in new forum software.

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

1/ Where is the 'Go to unread post ' icon

2/ why does it constantly require me to sign in every time I go back to the home page?

3/ The old format used to show who had been online during the day at the bottom of the home page,

4/ Also I get the red notification if someone gives me a like. Well I don't like it ! 

5/ As you so rightly say Mick, the new format is too harsh, formal and too in your face .

1. All of the same settings for viewing new posts are on the top menu bars starting with the with the Browse or Activity tabs on left then lower menu bar and 'Unread Content link on top right.

2. Not happening to me? What are you using to access the board?

3. This was a Hook or Plug in. One of many that we had that were disabled by the new version install. They may or may not be compatible with IPB V.4. I do know there is a new version of Member Map that crashed with an update of IPB V.3.x. These are third party apps not designed by or part of Invisionpower.com. I will be adding new plug ins as they become available, if they are likely to be of use to members.

4. This is probable preference setting in your member control panel. It will be active as default in install.

5. I will be looking for a kinder V.4 skin as a priority.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Chulla said:

How do we get a default to All Activity when we enter NS?

The way I did it was...

Display the All Activity page on your screen

Then save that as a bookmark (varies depending on your browser)

Then delete any previous bookmark.

15 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

How can I delete notifications shown on the bell ? 

Good question. I can't see an answer. I think that's one for Mick to add to his list of queries.

16 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Also, where can I delete notifications relating to PM's ? Previously, I went to my profile, then edit my profile, then to notifications and deleted at the end of each day. 

I've solved that one.

Click on the envelope.

At the bottom - Go to Inbox

You'll see all your messages. Each one has a little white box. Tick the box, then put it in the bin.

• Upvote 1

ive done some screenshots to try and help some of those still fathoming how to work the new update

i am using a pc using google chrome browser to access the forum using the default theme ( i dont know what others are using to come here ) 

when i come to the index page i click on unread at the top - it is also located at the bottom of the page too 

new%20posts_zpsudhe8iwn.jpg

i then get presented with this page below

unread%20content_zpsenoofm9a.jpg

if i want to go to the last post in the olympics for example i then click on the wording as shown below 

unread%20content%202_zpsxdjsqovd.jpg

i do hope that helps some users out there 

• Upvote 1

in addition to my last post - once you have read a topic and click on unread content - if nothing much shows then by clicking on the section as highlighted in my picture and choose everything you will see more content

more%20unread_zpsgevavlw7.jpg

• Upvote 1

I normally use Chrome so I hadn't come across the problem, so I just looked at Nottstalgia for the first time on Firefox; I immediately got the box coming in from the left asking me if I wanted to receive notifications from Nottstalgia. I said no, but looked at the options which were there.

You may have already tried this, but these are the instructions they give for you to get rid of the problem. I can't guarantee it will work.

web_zpshsy7bdcn.jpg

Thanks Cliff.  Id doesn't work because the 'Choose' box leads to a greyed out field which contains no addresess to select or delete.  I've tried pasting the Nottstalgia  URL in but it won't have it.

stumped now.

Col

Yes I found the same thing. Just a greyed out box and unable to type anything either. I would advise installing a different browser.