Ebay, Shipping from USA - Rip off!

I am trying to buy an item, and the only place you can get it is from an ebay seller in Walnut California.

The item costs $2.50 with $2 postage to USA. But if you want it shipping to the UK...

International Priority Shipping to United Kingdom - US $25.79 (approx. £19.61).

The item is basically 4 small plastic caps for a syringe tip without the needle, they could be sent in a letter!

4 pcs HP 950,951,970,971,932,933 Cartridge Suction Tip for refill or CISS.

I think even $2 is steep for US postage, How much should this cost to send normal mail to UK?

Postage costs for shipping out of the US is expensive. Have as look at the prices for virtually anything on Evilbay and it is the same story very time. Shipping TO the US is a different matter and is much more sensible.

Don't know. I run off from US postage prices. Every time I see something in the US it costs a fortune to get it here. 

Not sure what you want here but would a hypodermic do the job? You can get drawing up needles for them. They don't have a point on them. I use them on pianos, not for sucking up but for squirting. Needles with a point on them squirt to one side and are not so good for my purpose. There are plenty of drawing up needles on Evilbay available in this country together with the hypos themselves.

the needle is too thin.

This has a thin shaft with a cut out at the end. It has to push a small ball bearing on a spring which presses against a rubber seal when cartridge is removed from the printer.

This is what it looks like.

Screenshot 2016-08-24 at 10.32.59.png

When I used to get items from the USA on Ebay or otherwise I used to specify Surface Mail, which used to take around 4 to 6 weeks but was a lot cheaper than Air Mail.  But I'm not sure if they still call it that - is there an option for postage which doesn't include the word 'Priority'? What used to be Surface Mail may now be called 'First Class'.

The listing is in #1

I cant see any other options, but this will go in a mailing envelope, how much is it to send a letter from the US to the UK.

His postage costs seem inconsistent. You can get 3 bottles of ink delivered for $17.06 here. Postage charges are slightly high because they cover any import costs too.

I would email them and see what they can do to reduce the cost, if I were you.

There is nothing to pay Either VAT or Customs duties, under £15 (Price and SHIPPING).

He cant charge duties anyway.

But his postage charges push it over the duty limit. So VAT is applicable + £8 to Royal Mail for collecting it!

Thankyou NBL for your concern. Glad to say we are not in the area its a long way from us. We did have an earthquake in 2000 which did a little damage, cracked the path. It was " funny"afterwards. We were sitting talking to friends in the dining room and the cat we had was wandering in and out. All of a sudden glasses began to tinkle and I felt my chair heave up. My immediate thought was that the cat had got underneath and was stretching.:Fool:. I know ....it was a crazy thought but the cat WAS near the chair. Afterwards we all ran outside and waited ages for the afterwaves. For ages after we were afraid to go to sleep. I can't imagine how these poor people must have felt to see their houses crumble and the desperation of wondering whether friends or family are buried underneath. 

• 2 years later...

Was about to buy a new iPad cover/case from eBay just under a fiver, I was just about to click pay when I noticed the total? Over a thousand pound? Check this sellers postage out? And he's already sold 7, looks like they will be in for a shock when their bank statement comes? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smart-Magnetic-Leather-Stand-Case-Cover-for-Apple-iPad-2-3-4-mini-Air-2-Pro/182771011825?hash=item2a8e0050f1:m:mhq5yB0Z23pa8_9S-4cTg9Q

I've been told they do this to stop anyone ordering the items when they are out of stock but need to keep the advert 'live'