House in the 70s

#24 Before you skip it run an advert, just in case someone has one that colour and wants to keep it. I know a couple of people into retro and they both have spare wash hand basins just in case they break the one installed. You can still get the colours but they are special order and damned expensive. Also look if you have a reclaims yard in your area they may well pay to take it of your hands.

In the early 1970s my cousin and her husband decorated their dining room with (then ultra chic) brown hessian wallpaper. It was a shame that their kitten could then climb up the wall...

70's at Wollaton. Psychedelic turquoise, gold and purple nylon fitted carpet. Almost indestructible. Ugh, do I HATE purple? 

Pine tongue and groove on the chimney breast. Open plan front gardens with no fences, walls or hedging. Grrrr.

Sierras on almost every drive except mine with a big Citroen ID. 

10 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

#24 Before you skip it run an advert, just in case someone has one that colour and wants to keep it. I know a couple of people into retro and they both have spare wash hand basins just in case they break the one installed. You can still get the colours but they are special order and damned expensive. Also look if you have a reclaims yard in your area they may well pay to take it of your hands.

Thanks for that. I reckon I'll try Freecycle and Gumtree.

Not forgetting the fondue set and habitat chicken brick ......and if you liked to entertain "like Abigail ", the height of sophistication was an awful Tupperware thing with twiglets, peanuts and other h'douvres on it....

Today it's Tapas !!!!!!

Abi's Party. One of the best things I've ever seen on tv. Alison Steadmam is brilliant! 

Funnily enough, we can get Abigail's Party over here at Amazon, but my fave play, we can't get. 1975, it was The Evacuees with Maureen Lipman. Written by her late hubby Jack Rosenthal. Brilliant. 

Nuts in May was another brilliant little piece with Alison Steadman. Forget Dame Judy and that Mirren woman. A S is fantastic and funny too. 

Alison Steadman in Gavin and Stacey.....sooo good with Larry Lamb .....

She has such a talent in making people believe it is all real ......

My mum still watches the evacuees Kath ..... she was brought up in the Jewish faith , evacuated to north Wales during the war and offered roast pork for Sunday dinner !!!!,

• Upvote 1