Went to bishop Dunn when it first opened, Was a bit of a cowboy who grew up once i left in 69 and joined up at 16. Had a few friends but have not met or been in contact since the day i left school. Moved around the country with my job when i left the army. Names that come to mind Kelly (parents italian) Steven Armitage (lived on thurman street) David Prewett, lived opposite school, Gerald Mc Keever a fast bowler and Peter Mc Ginley worked for Furse as an electrian. Would like to catch up with lives today if anyone knows there where-a-bouts

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I can recall most of the names referred, played in the same school team at both cricket & football, anybody remember Mr Youngs the PE teacher at the time? Best mates where  Paddy Hogan & Patrick (Teggy) Thorpe, I am Mike Zamorski! 

Welcome to Nottstalgia Zamo.

It'll be interesting to see if you bring this thread back to life. Tony Byrne who started it 6 years ago only ever made that one post and never came back; likewise most of the other people who commented only ever visited once.

And I've had to Google the place to find out where Bishop Dunn is/was.

Some of my siblings went to Bishop Dunn.  From our primary school in Bulwell (Our Lady's), those who passed 11+ went to Becket (boys' grammar) or Loreto (girls' grammar).  Most of the rest went to Bishop Dunn.

Loretto merged with Bishop Dunn to form Trinity.