This new format is appalling

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no further support for the Old version, No security patches, updates or help from support technician in case of problem. I still continue to pay $$$ for support/updates every 6 months. I

I think we've all got over the shock of Nottstalgia's changes, so perhaps this thread should be locked now and a more positive one in its place. It seems to be encouraging whinging while it is still u

As Mick has continually said, the old format was past it's sell-by date and needed upgrading. I don't understand how some can't seem to get that into their heads. The new format has had it's teething

Has anyone sussed how to delete notifications yet? I've got bleddy pages full. 

#106. Just click on the bell at the top right of the page, click the highlight, read the notification and it will be gone. If you have got a lot of notifications it will take a while but if you do it everytime you get a notification it will just take you to the post you have had the notification in regard of and will delete itself.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Malcolm, it doesn't seem to work on my iPad. 

1 hour ago, The Pianoman said:

#106. Just click on the bell at the top right of the page, click the highlight, read the notification and it will be gone. If you have got a lot of notifications it will take a while but if you do it everytime you get a notification it will just take you to the post you have had the notification in regard of and will delete itself.

Doesn't do that with me.

If I click on a notification, I read it, and then it's still there when I've finished reading it. No option to delete it anywhere. I've discovered I've got over 6 pages of them and I don't see any means of deleting them.

Yes. They are all still there but the highlight and the actual notification have gone. Does it matter that they are still there?

I cannot get on with this new format, is it me or is anybody else the same ?.........Has put me off coming on here as I don't know where I am ......

• Upvote 3

New formats like drinkin' Shippo's, teks some gerrin' used to...........................but hopefully won't give you the squits, like Shippo's did...............I don't come on here so much now, this Nottstalgian don't like change!!

• Upvote 3

C'mon Dat47................as frankie Avalon would say.............don't be a 'Beauty school drop-out,............you can get ya head round it...............

• Upvote 1

Sorry you feel that way dat47.

i just wanted to say that things have really improved since a week ago.  Log in is now smooth.  Posts are posting when you hit post. And the server seems much more stable.  I don't know what has been done, but thanks to Mick and the rest of the admins. The site seems to be getting back to  the way it was.  Sure there's a learning curve but that is true of any new software.

• Upvote 4

I'm also finding the new format hard to get around, I had a fright last week when all I could get was something called "Cloudflare & also Error522"?  and whats happened to the 'Social' topic? I think I missed a recent meet up @ the Roebuck!

I also tried to download a video clip onto Photobucket, it downloaded somewhere but not into Pb. can someone advise Please?

1 hour ago, albert smith said:

I'm also finding the new format hard to get around, I had a fright last week when all I could get was something called "Cloudflare & also Error522"?  and whats happened to the 'Social' topic? I think I missed a recent meet up @ the Roebuck!

I don't think you've missed a meet-up last week Albert - the next one is October 12th.  

The 'Social Functions' thread is still around, and October is mentioned .......https://nottstalgia.com/forums/forum/123-nottstalgia-social-functions/

I've largely stayed quiet on the new format, but I agree it's a disaster. I can find my way round it technically, no problem; it's just not efficient or suitable for the job its supposed to do.

• Upvote 6

The thing I miss is the 'New Content ' section. Mine was set to list anything within the last 14 days and all new or unread stuff was highlighted. I then knew immediately what to read, and what to ignore. 

To use a horrible modern phrase, it's not fit for purpose!  Basically it's ....... crap !

• Upvote 1

Does nobody read the reasons for ongoing (paid) updates to this forum software.So what am I supposed to do Spend hours rolling back to an unsupported version for which a major security loophole allowing attachment uploads to be run on the server has just been fixed? 

I have decided, it is not really worth the time and effort I put into this. It has also recently cost me substantially in upgrades and backup hosting. And I cant even go on holiday without someone notifying me of disruptive posts attacking other members!  Forum Softaware 6 monthly subscription is due soon I am strongly considering not renewing from now on.

I will certainly be spending less time on it. It really is not worth it.

• Upvote 7

There have been updates in the past, but they happened in the background without anyone really noticing anything; this one was more extreme.  The new style came via an update which no-one here has any control over, and it clearly can’t be changed or removed. All the changes and alterations are designed by an anonymous person somewhere, but unfortunately no-one in nottingham has any input into what those changes are.  

I think it’s true to say that Mick bought something which had to be bought, but he wasn’t able to see what he was buying. We have to learn to live with it, because the only alternative is a blank space. 

• Upvote 5